home

something cute for a new friend :) vertiigo

-

"Hey, baby. I just got off the plane. I shouldp be there in a few minutes." Shawn's voice seemed so close in the middle of the crowded baggage claim. The fact that he could be here any second had me waiting anxiously. "How's my other babies doing? I miss them."

I swiped my teeth across my bottom lip, looking down at my oldest child hold my hand with his chubby hand, and the youngest who was wrapped in a soft blanket in my arms. Shawn wasn't able to be here when I gave birth to her, but he was on the phone with me all night. Asking for pictures. Asking who she looked like more, and a bunch more silly questions I was bound to be unable to answer. However, the fact he hadn't seen her made me even more anxious. I'd only wanted to see the face that I'd receive when Shawn would first see her. That...that was what I was so anxious for.

"They're doing good, Shawn. Shay can't wait to meet you, babe." I could almost feel the smile he'd have on his face.

"I can't wait, _____. I'm going to see you in a few, okay? I'm almost there."

"Bye, Shawn."

"I'll see you soon, baby."

And he hung up. Every passing second felt longer than it should have. It had been a long five months. A long five months where I slept snuggling against our daughter and son, wishing the time would go faster. Wishing that I would be able to feel Shawn soon, but that had only been me.

Jake would always want to play guitar, but without Shawn, he was forced to ask our neighbor to play. One who's in college, being friendly to teach a boy a few simple chords. But, those type of memories are meant to be for the family. Memories that you'd look back to, because they mean so much. It could've been more memorable, but a simple change left it in the back of my head without intention of digging out. I wanted Shawn to be in that memory.

"Mommy?" Jake stopped me from my own thoughts, fiddling with the beads of my bracelet. "I think I see Daddy."

I held on to Jake's hand tightly, looking straight ahead at the sliding doors swiping open continuously for each who walked in. One by one. A girl with red hair. A boy with an Angels hat. A teenage girl. And then...Shawn.

He took some to look around, but he didn't pass the view of us. Shawn grinned, rolling his suitcase over as he jogged over.

"Daddy!" Jake exclaimed, and I let him go to run off. Shawn dropped his bags and suitcase, letting Jake's tiny arms wrap around his neck.

I walked over as swiftly as I could, aware of Shay sleeping, and the heels I wore for the occasion.

"Oh, buddy, I missed you so much." Shawn mumbled, swaying at the heels of his feet, almost beginning to cry when I reach him. "Who's this, bud?" He asked, setting Jake down beside him as Shawn's large fingers reached to pull away the blanket from Shay's face. He gently stroked her cheeks, being careful not to wake her.

"That's Shay." Jake grinned, leaning against Shawn's legs as I transferred Shay to Shawn's arms.

"She's so small." Shawn chuckled. His body vastly compared to her's, arms the size of Shay as he did so much to be careful from hurting her. "She's so beautiful, ______."

My eyes stood gazing at Shawn the whole moment, watching his eye's glow with Shay in sight. His thumb swiped away her small strands of brown hair, touching her tiny nose, and then her lips. By the time he looked up, I hadn't notice that he began to cry. His eyes watering with a smile on his face.

"You look so beautiful, too, _____."

"I missed you so much." I mumbled.

He sniffled, wrapping his free arm around me as he let out a sigh of relief. Shawn whispered softly in my ear, "Baby, I'm so glad to be home."

-

short and simple

tRIED TO MAKE IT NOT CLICHE BUT FAILED MISERABLY

hope u likey likey ;)) vertiigo

xoxo,

sas