Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

Chapter Six: The Jet

I woke up with my back aching and without the warm comfort of a soft blanket. I sat up and hit my head against something? How did the roof get so low?

Wait... was I in a car?

Crap. I must've fallen asleep and my jerk husband must have left me here.

He couldn't even bother to wake me up? Would that really have been so hard for him?

I glanced at the dashboard. Crap, it was 1 PM! How did I sleep for so long?

I jumped out of the car and hurried into the house.

"Miss Talia, where have you been? We have been worried sick!" Ella exclaimed when I walked in.

"Why don't you ask my husband?" I groaned, stretching my back.

"I did! He was so worried about you."

Worried enough to leave me in a car all night? "I bet he was."

"Well you must get dressed immediately! The plane is set to leave in 3 hours, meaning you have to be there in a half hour."

"What?" I yelled. Good thing I had finished packing. I just had to put my new purchases in my bags and I was set.

I took a quick shower and got changed. I found Tobias waiting for me downstairs, tapping his feet impatiently.

"You're late."

"That's because I was left sleeping in a car all nigh–" He walked out before I could finish what I was saying.

I sighed and followed him to the car. Was he planning on ignoring me the whole time?

Good. I could do the same thing.

As he drove, I couldn't help but notice how nice his hands were. His fingers were long and slim, but they still managed to look very manly.

I shifted my gaze away. What the hell was I thinking?

When we were almost at the airport, I expected him to turn into the long-term parking lot, but he didn't.

I didn't say anything, feeling a certain giddiness at the fact that he would be the cause for us missing our flight or getting a million parking tickets because we parked in the wrong spot.

But then he turned into a different lane, which I vaguely recognized.

Wait...

"Are we taking a private plane?"

"Obviously."

"Of course you would take a private jet. Can't associate ourselves with the commoners, can we?" I asked sarcastically.

"Don't your parents own a private plane?"

"Not everyone owns them, Tobias." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I didn't ask that. I was asking if yours do."

"Yes. Yes they do," I sighed.

"Then get off your high horse."

I realized he had a point there. I never considered myself as a part of my parent's lifestyle; the excessiveness of it put me off. But I had lived like that. Not that I was proud of that.

Once we were on the plane, I found the bedroom and immediately threw myself on the bed after locking the door.

I tried falling asleep, but my jeans were just so uncomfortable. I unbuttoned them and slipped them off. Ahhh... much better.