13| Planning and plotting ✔️

***

Life is too short to worry about what others say or think
ABOUT YOU.
So have fun and give them something to talk about.

***

I flopped onto the bed the second I reached my room.

Every cell in my body was aching. How was I going to do this everyday? Elena must be under the delusion that I was a treadmill. It was a real miracle Ashton never succumbed after all the workout.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Zara, " I called out to the wolf in me. Right now a talk with her would be so refreshing.

"Hmm?"

"When will I get the powers Ashton talked about and how?" I asked her.

"The Moon Goddess gifts them, Ki. And I have a feeling, we will be receiving ours exactly three days before you turn eighteen."

"And do you have a clue what are our gifts?" I asked her curiously. Ever since I heard of Ashton's gifts I was desperate to know mine.

Even in my head I could feel Zara roll her eyes. "I am not a fortune teller, Ki. I have no idea what runs in the Moon Goddess's head!"

I sighed. What else could I expect from her?

"But you know, we do have a lot to learn before the next month. I suggest you ask Elena about the Werewolf Politics tomorrow."

What on earth was Werewolf Politics?

Zara chuckled at my thoughts." Ask her."was all she replied.

* * *

Dinner was a solemn affair mostly  because the two pranksters of the pack were missing.

"Ash, were are the twins?" I asked him, halfway through dinner. "I haven't seen them all evening."

He simply shrugged. "They had an early dinner; said they were busy for some reason. I didn't ask much, because you know what those two are like."

I frowned. Twins and busy? Surely something was fishy.

Once dinner was over, I decided to turn to bed. Taking a quick shower and changing into PJs I snuggled into the bed.

However, sleep was not easy and I decided to read a book to pass the time. It was interesting, and I found myself enjoying it once I finished the first few chapters.

About a hundred pages later, I noticed a stealthy shadow creep past the door. Immediately, I was on high alert. Who on earth was prowling about the pack house at near midnight?

Getting off the bed, I began to stalk the prowler. Strange, he seemed pretty tiny for a real prowler! This must be the first case of elfish werewolves!

My tiny prowler turned to the right and I followed suit. Perhaps I was a bit noisy because he turned around to check cautiously.

Luckily, I hid myself behind a pillar just in time. A second later, I heard a door creak open and peeped out from my hiding place to get see.

Hey, wasn't that Max's room? I walked on tip toes and peeped through the keyhole.