Chapter 8

I got dressed in a white button up tank-top with blue floral shirts and white flip-flops. I was about to walk out of my closet when I decided to check my hair. I stared into my light, honey brown eyes in the three-way mirror set at the back of the huge space and glanced down at my waves falling below my breasts. I wasn't one to care how it looked but I debated whether to put an effort to it for once since I was going on another date with Ashton. I stared at it for a minute and ended up resulting to doing a low messy bun. I was satisfied with it and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

As I walked in the doorway, I was surprised to see that both Mary-Lynn and Cas were there. They were sitting at the kitchen table; Cas drinking coffee, Mary-Lynn drinking tea.

"Good morning, Juliette," Caspar smiled warmly at me, lifting his coffee mug in my direction to greet me.

"Morning Cas and Mary-Lynn," I said as I walked to the refrigerator. Mary-Lynn looked up from her book about animal anatomy and smiled, looking back down quickly returning to her spot.

"I made some toast with Nutella. It's on the counter by the toaster," Cas said. He sat at the kitchen table in grey flannel pajama pants and a navy blue t-shirt. His brown hair messed around, the front not spiked up in his mini quiff as usual. Deep-sea green eyes focused on the newspaper he was holding. I did have to admit, he was a good looking guy for his age

"Alright, thanks," I said and grabbed a plate from the counter to put the toast on and joined them at the table. I felt awkward being the only one without something to read so I sat quietly in my chair and munched on my toast quickly so I could go back to my room.

"Well, I have to get to work. A dog stepped on a piece of glass and it's possibly infected now," Mary-Lynn sighed and stood up reading the text with the information. "I love you," she leaned and kissed Caspar and made her way out.

"Love you too, Mary!" he said as she walked out. I smiled at the cuteness of their relationship. I glanced at my phone to check the time. 1:03 PM. I was about to put it away but I got a text.

From: Ashton Irwin x @1:04 PM
"Wear or bring a bathing suit :D"

Reply to: Ashton Irwin x @1:04 PM
"haha why??"

From: Ashton Irwin x @1:06 PM
"it's a surprise! :))"

I smiled at my phone like a fool as I read his text. I looked up for a moment to grab my toast and saw Caspar watching me with a smirk like the one Ashton did. It was uncomfortable in a way.

"Do you have any plans for today?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah. My friend is going to pick me up at two. I don't know where we're going yet," I said and his smirk faded to a disappointed look.

"Aw, that's too bad. I was thinking we could hang out. I feel bad Mary-Lynn and I haven't been around during the time you've been here. I usually have the weekends off. You said they're picking you up at two?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Alright, we still got an hour, um how about we talk and get to know each other?" I could tell he wasn't used to being around kids. I wondered if he and Mary-Lynn were trying to have a baby or were going to try any time soon.

"That sounds fine," I said.

"Okay. Uh, what type of music do you like?" Oh god, it was going to be one of those type of conversations: awkward small talk.

"It doesn't really matter I mean, I guess I like some rock. I don't know, I don't listen to music much, I read." I babbled.

"Oh, when I was your age I loved AC/DC. Thunderstruck was a hit. Everyone loved the guitar intro. It was truly amazing."