Chapter 5

TWO CHAPTERS IN TWO DAYS:)

All I knew was that I was scorching hot. My body felt like I was lit on fire, and then placed in more fire, if possible. My brain had no thoughts, only the need for water. My wolf was whimpering in my head, clouding the thoughts I was desperate to have, making everything so much worse.

My eyes frantically searched for anything that could bring me relief. My heart felt as if it were being pounded out with a hammer. Rapid beats echoed in my ears, blood flushing through every part of my body My claws pawed at my chest, leaving bleeding gashes across my sides, becoming deeper and deeper with each slash. The breathing coming from my mouth was becoming hazed, but all I could do was curl up in a ball as I desperately tried to move away from the pain.

I seemed to scream until my throat became raw, as if I had swallowed glass. Eventually, my wolf couldn't take it any longer, so I was forced to shift back. The pain escalated quickly, making me convulse and cry continuously, no end in sight.

What was happening? Was this my punishment for running away from my mate? Just as I thought of that, my heart clenched. I knew leaving him had been my choice, and it would help me in the long run, but now, I was paying the price. I would always have to pay for my actions.

For after what seemed like an eternity, the pain had finally subsided. My face was coated in sweat, and my whole body was twitchy. I still felt sick to my stomach, but now I could finally breathe without earth shattering pain. I forcefully shifted back, for my wolf, Jessica still wasn't talking to me, at all. I was still depressed that she had left me all alone, leaving me suffocated in abuse and destructive thoughts. I would never resent her though, she was my other part of me that I would always be grateful for.

I slowly treaded the ground, wincing as dull pain ricocheted up my legs with every step. Sighing, I broke out into a run, my heart seeming to be growing with grief and sorrow with each passing second. I was getting further from him, finally.

I was complete surprised that he hadn't found me already. After all, he was Alpha, I could have seen that from a mile away. He had the power to get whatever he wanted, and I knew he only wanted his mate back, not the shy, beaten girl with no confidence, except in high pressure situations in the middle of the woods. (Apparently).

I couldn't meet him again, because I knew what my heart would choose, no matter what my brain said. I could already tell that I was longing for my other half, bound to me by the Moon Goddess, but it didn't matter. I had handled so much more than hurting for someone I haven't know for more than three minutes. This man would not be the planet I revolved around, push come to shove.

***

After finding a small place to hide out, I fell into a dreamless sleep, tossing and turning all night. Every so often, I would wake up to pains that I presumed were an aftermath from earlier today. For the last time, I woke up, coming to a shocking realization as I looked up at the glowing morning sky.

I had found my mate. He was an Alpha. There was no doubt he knew my pack and Dad, and what a disgrace I was to everyone. He may not have realized it then, but me leaving him was the best thing I could do before I ruined him and his pack. Inside, I broke down a little at this, but that man would never be in my life, only besides that one time, where every second seemed frozen.

For days and nights, I did the same routine, running until the sun set, finding somewhere to sleep, and waking up to the same despair, which seemed to be lessening day by day. The pain still kept me up, for it was breath taking just how painful it could really be, coming out of nowhere. This seemed to be and endless cycle, until at the crack of dawn, I was rattled out of my daily nightmares by a barbarous growl, but not towards me.

My eyes shot open and widened in surprise and terror. My sleepy eyes zoomed in on the bizarre scene in front of me. What seemed to be two full packs were about a mile away from me, stiff as boards, eyes darting between each other, daring each wolf to make the first move.

I held my breath, as if what I was seeing was an action movie. If you had blinked, you would have missed it. A large, grey wolf stepped forward and snatched the jugular right out of a smaller wolf towards the front.

All hell broke loose.

Animals were flying through the air, killing each other left and right. Blood was shed everywhere, and the pungent smell was enough to make anyone throw up. As soon as it had begun, the battle was over, the Alpha of the weaker side killed, everyone bowing their heads in respect to the new Alpha, who stood tall and proud in the center of the meadow.

So many questions were brought into my mind. What in the world were they fighting about? They fought with such anger and determination that I thought it was going to be World War III between those two packs. It was rare to see fights between packs, because most neighboring cities had sorted out peace treaties to avoid situations like these. Even I knew that. What had changed in the past month that would provoke something like this?

I steadily backed away from the massacre, and as soon as I turned to dash for the tall trees, a midnight wolf sniffed the air, and turned it's head at me, the brown piercing gaze sinking right into my eyes.

Oh crap, the events over the past few days had left me spinning, making me totally forget about all of my other problems. The wanted posters were probably still out there, and as the rest of the new pack turned their heads in the same direction as the first, I knew that once again, I was in the run for my life.

Why did I have to go and get into other people's business? One day this was going to get me killed.

The wolves turned their heads towards one another, a playful glint in their eyes. Oh, they thought this was going to be a simple game of hide and seek. They obviously haven't met Janie Reynolds 2.0.

_________
SURPRISE, SURPRISE!
Boo Yah! Updated a full day early.... *party like it's your birthday*
Hope you all enjoyed this, and tell me what you want to see, or if you think this story is moving too quickly:)

Open to all suggestions and corrections, don't be afraid to correct me! I love comments!

-neary17