43.Why!!???

A knock on the door brought me back to the world. I tries to get up, but found it difficult, it felt as if something was weighing me down. I looked to see the most innocent face, sleeping peacefully on my chest.

His mouth was slightly open, holding me tight, his leg on top mine. I couldn't help but kiss his forehead, as a response to which he hugged me more closer, dragging his lower lip on my chest...  God..

"Dee... I'm going to come in.." She yelled... I wanted to yell back, but that would disturb his sleep.

I slowly got up, replacing myself with a pillow which he hugged close to him.

I opened the door to a tensed Rithu tapping her foot on the floor.

"Oh... Kya hua.. Why are you shouting, you just almost woke him up with you high pitched voice." I scolded her. But her face continued to hold the tension.

"What happened Rithu?" I asked again, holding her close.

"I don't know Dee, but papa is calling you... They look tensed... Are you sure that Jeeju is alright, I'm getting worried." She asked worry masking her face.

But what is going on? Why are all tensed?? I ran to papa, feeling the worry consuming me..

"Papa.. Kya hua... Is everything alright?" I ran to papa. He was sitting outside the room, in a waiting chair, with his head in his hands. Mom was standing beside him, her hands wrapped on his shoulder.

Just opposite stood Hari uncle, his head leaning on the wall, looking up. Karthika Aunty was the only one crying, but still trying her best to cover up the tears staining her face.

I got stuck where I stood... Something wasn't right.. Something wasn't good.. Kiran came towards me, his expression calm, and held my shoulders... What is going on..

  "Papa... Please. Tell me what happened.." I tried again.. My voice failing to show my strength.

"Kuch nahi, Dhruvika.. Just that we need to leave.."Papa said. Leave?? Leave now?? But why?

"Why should we leave now? We just came here sometime ago.. Amma what is going on.." I asked mom.. Who just stood there speechless, being a mere audience of the show.

"I will tell you beta.." Hari uncle stepped forward. I nodded and went towards him, he immediately pulled me close in his shoulders.

"You know his condition right... I hope he has told you everything about Gunaa, everything about his life.. Hasn't he?" He asked, walking me away from them.. I nodded my head... Not clear  where this conversation was heading to..

"Gunaa is still out there somewhere... Seeking to kill my son, and me.. For killing his brother and destroying his empire. And he is dangerous.." Uncle said.. I meekly nodded my head.. Waiting for him to continue..

"And... And.. His life could be in more danger... This was just a miracle... 3 bullet wounds.. It could be more hard from now on.. And he will have to fight back... " he continued.. Struggling for words.

"And.. The more people surrounding him... The.. The more weakness he will have.. The more vulnerable he will be... " he took a deep breath..

"Uncle... What are you trying to speak.. That I make him vulnerable?" I asked..

"Yes.. But with that you are making yourself vulnerable... They can attack you... You could  be on that bed too... It is not safe for you.."he said.. Without looking at me... By now we had reaches the back exit of the hospital that opened to the car parking lot.