2.3

CHAPTER THREE

Black Widow

- - - - -

The quinjet landed down on a massive S.H.I.E.L.D. aerial carrier known as the Helicarrier. It had four huge engines that had the capability of vertical lift-off and landing. There were two runways, one with direct access to the hangar, and the other as a landing strip for incoming and departing aircrafts. Phil, Steve and Ana walked down the ramp, meeting up with Natasha who stood outside, hands clasped in front of her.

Ana hadn't seen the world-class spy for close to a month since Natasha had been assigned to a mission in Moscow. Phil had informed Ana that Nick wanted all hands on deck, and he was the one who called Natasha in on account of Clint's current situation. It was more than enough to get the Black Widow's interest piqued, and she was on the first flight out of Russia after dealing with her targets. Behind Steve, Ana lugged forward with a few duffle bags on her arms that Phil wanted to get inside.

"Welcome to the airstrip, Captain." Phil announced as they all stepped off the quinjet.

Ana smiled at the red head when Natasha tilted her head to the side to look at her over Steve's shoulder. She smiled and chuckled under her breath when Ana dropped the bags and approached her for a hug. "Hey, Nat. Thanks for coming."

Natasha nodded and looked at her with warm eyes. "I come back and Clint's been compromised."

Ana gave her an assuring look. "We'll get him back, I promise." She said strongly.

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers." Phil introduced the two.

"Ma'am." Steve nodded at her respectfully.

"Hi." Natasha said dryly, and looked over at Phil. "They need you on the bridge. They're starting the face trace."

"See you there." Phil nodded at the agents before he walked away. Ana gave Steve an encouraging smile when she noticed how hesitant he was and followed Natasha down the airstrip.

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon." Natasha commented, looking to Steve. "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?"

"He didn't have them on him." Ana whispered, glancing at her.

"Trading cards?" Steve asked, peering down at Ana when she stepped in line next to him.

"They're vintage." She shrugged, "He's very proud." She gave him a smile and he returned it.

The three of them stopped when they caught sight of a man wearing a grey suit and glasses, who seemed to be nervous from all the people walking around him. Ana instantly recognised him from all the classified S.H.I.E.L.D. documents Fury wouldn't give to her. He would instead leave them open on his desk while he looked out the window of his office, allowing her less than ten seconds to soak up all the information she can.

"Dr. Banner!" Steve called out to Bruce, offering his hand to shake.

"Oh, yeah. Hi." Bruce said, shaking Steve's hand. "They told me you'd be coming," He took a moment to get a quick look of the war hero in front of him. Steve smiled, and nodded his head towards Ana. "She told me you were coming."

Bruce looked over at Ana, who stepped up and shook his hand. "Agent Ana Michaels." She introduced. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Doctor."

"Please, just Bruce is fine." He said with a small smile.

"Of course." Ana said, nodding her head. She stepped back, folding her hands in front of her like Natasha.

"Word is you can find the Cube." Steve said.