Chapter Thirty Four : Hypnotic Presence

Rose made her way towards their bedroom after her dress fitting. She still felt quite uneasy by the way Byron looked at her even though it wasn't very disgusting look but still it wasn't something she could expect, being married. May be he didn't know about her being Henry's wife therefore Rose shrugged it off and focused on anything except her encounter with Byron.

She twisted the door knob and entered the room being subconscious with her mind still foggy with all the happenings and thoughts since the start of the day. She switched on the light and padded across the room, towards the glass table to fetch herself a glass of water for her semi dried throat.

Rose bent down to pick up the glass but felt someone behind her. The presence seemed familiar but mysterious. She stiffened and before she could move, a vice like grip of steel like hard arms got hold of her waist to prevent her from stumbling.

She gasped before she heard him sigh and whisper in her ear, "Who else do you expect in our bedroom being this familiar with you, love?"

Her cheeks turned red and the grip on her waist loosened but then she was twirled by his hand and pulled close to his body. Rose placed a hand on his shoulder in the process of the sudden movement and stared into his eyes.

"Henry." She said softly and saw him grin mischievously at her.

"Yes, sweetheart." His hand roamed about her waist and started rubbing softly her lower back.

"I didn't know it was you." Rose blushed again and stared at her hand resting on his clothed shoulder.

She could inhale his fresh scent and his minty breathe fanned over her cheek and neck as he bent his head a little low. Henry touched her skin with his lips on her throbing vein and placed a small kiss. "And that's why you were surprised?"

"Yes." She whispered breathily and looked back at his brown orbs.

"I told you something this morning. Didn't I?" Henry politely asked but somewhat sarcastically making Rose gulp a lump in her throat when he brought his lips closer to hers. "Yes. To have my breakfast and I could help but I must rest after awhile."

"And what's the difference between awhile and hours?" Henry rested his forehead on hers and traced her lower back again before putting his hand on her hip.

"Um.. It's been long. Isn't it?" She shyly looked away.

"Look at me." Henry gently commanded.

She stared at him innocently and his jaw twitched before he hungrily placed his lips on hers. His hand strongly but carefully pressed her back towards his body and he tilted his head to get a better access while kissing her plum lips.

His tongue licked her lower lip before demanding the entrance to her warm, soft and delicious mouth. His hand gripped her hip a little making her gasp and moan while he inserted his tongue in. Henry groaned inwardly at her sweetness and his hand cupped her face, pulling it closer to his.

After having a final taste, he drew out his tongue and let her breathe. Her lips were swollen and red, with her eyes staring at him with a longing look. Her hands had been gripping his shoulder hard while kissing but now they had loosened the hold.

Henry stroke her hair gently and kissed her forehead before whispering, "I said that you require sleep and are still fatigue from last night."

"Hmm." Rose subconsciously hummed in response being too drowned in his eyes and touch. His effect was extraordinary and hypnotic and if this was the case, she would want to be hypnotized every moment.

Henry withdrew his hands from her soft, ravishing and very inviting body reluctantly and gestured at the bed, asking her to take a seat.

Like a good girl, Rose quietly walked to the bed and sat at the edge, fiddling nervously with her skirt.