Chapter 11

I'm in pain. After the bath Master gave me a tail and ears and they hurt. I now lay on Masters bed as my tail swishes around.

"Is my little Felis not feeling good?"

I meow and look up at Master.

"I'm sorry baby."

Master picks me up and rubs behind my ears.

"I must say though you are a pretty little kitty."

I purr and lean into Master's hand.

"That's my boy. Now let's get you some fresh air."

Master scratches my chin and heads outside.
When we get out side Master sets me down in a fenced in area with toys and a cat tower.

"Now my little boy can play while Master collects some stuff from the forest."

Master kisses my head and walk away. I sit for a moment as I watch Master disappear. I give a confused whine and put my paws against the fence. 'Why did Master leave?' I walk over and jump onto the cat tower and press against the fence again. I give a loud cry. 'Master?'
I curl into ball and lay my head down.
'Does Master not want me any more?'
I whimper and lay my ears back. 'Master will come back. Right?'

~

It's dark now and Master still hasn't come back. I give loud cries as I walk around the fenced in area. 'Master left me. Was I bad? What did I do wrong?'
I sit down and curl my tail around me. I give a loud wail and curl into a ball. 'I thought I was a good boy. I thought Master loved me.'
I whimper as I fall asleep.

~

My growling stomach wakes me up and I whimper. I'm still in the fenced in area and not inside with Master. I give a loud wail and crawl into a cat tunnel. 'Master please come back.'

~

It's night time again and Master is still gone. I gave up calling when I lost my voice, now I can only give a small squeak.
It had started raining about an hour ago and now I lay curled up under the cat tree whimpering. 'I'm sorry Master.' I put my tail over my head and fall asleep.

~

My entire body hurts from staying curled into a tiny ball all night. I open my eyes and see it's still raining. I whimper and walk out of my shelter and put my paws against the fence. I look out at the woods where Master disappeared and cry.

~

I run through the forest as fast as I can.

"How could I have been so stupid."

I wipe the rain from my face and run faster.

"Felis has been outside for two days. How am I this stupid."

I burst through the trees and flinch at the sight. My little Felis is sopping wet with a broken look on his face. I quickly run over and pick him up.
I frown when I feel him shaking in my arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you. Master is so sorry."

I kiss his head and quickly run inside to the kitchen.
I set Felis on the counter and quickly grab a can of tuna and put it on a plate.

"There you go baby."

I watch Felis slowly move forward and shiver as he eats. I run and grab a towel and wrap it around him. I run my fingers through his hair and dry him off.

"Master will never leave you alone again. I promise."

I hear a small purr start up and smile.

"That's my boy."