xxxii. | they made me slow dance

Disclaimer; I do not own Supernatural. If I did, I would make an episode where the boys go into an alternate universe and live a day in the other one's life.

Tall Tales; Part One
_________

"Sometimes, in my tent, late at night, I think I can hear the stars scraping against the sky." -Cassie Sullivan

EMERY WAS LAUGHING A LITTLE BIT too hard at the stupid fight the boys were having. It was obvious that neither of them had done the accused and Emery was in the middle, the neutral party, Team Switzerland. Dean expected her to choose his side, since they were officially a couple, but Emery crossed her arms, rolled her eyes and watched out of the door.

Emery was sitting in Dean and her's bed because they were in a lover's spat over the whole 'choosing sides' thing. Dean was on Sam's bed, eating fries that looked like they were going to clog his arteries. Sam was sitting on the couch, trying to do research, by the book, since his laptop was frozen on a porn site. Dean had the radio playing rock music and Emery would have told him to shut the hell up, but they weren't on speaking terms at the moment.

"Dude, you mind not eating those on my bed?" Sam snapped. Dean took a look at Emery, who was into one of those Carver Edlund books, before grabbing another couple of fries.

"No, I don't mind." Emery glanced up from her book to see Sam shake his head, before going back to trying to concentrate. Dean, however, decided to be a dick and asked him a question that set him off. "So, how's research?"

"You know how it's going? You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer." Dean gave Sam a sarcastic smile. The taller one sighed, before going back to the book of lore. He started flipping through pages, before turning to Dean. "Can you turn that down, please?"

"Yeah, absolutely," Dean stated, before reaching out to the volume knob and turning it. The volume went up and this time Emery slammed her book shut, before glaring at Dean with a death glare.

"You know what, maybe you should just go somewhere for a while," Sam stated, his face screwed up with irritation. Emery was still pointedly glaring at Dean, hoping his mind would simply blow up or his hair would spontaneously combust. Along with his body.

Dean, at the even implied mention of his screwed up Baby, reached down and turned the rock music down. "Hey, I'd love to. But, unfortunately, my car is all screwed to hell!"

"Dean, I told you I had nothing to do-"

A pounding on the hotel room's door snapped Sam and Dean out of their fight. Everyone turned to look at the door, Emery being the one to open it up. She smiled widely as she saw Bobby, throwing her arms around the older man. He seemed taken aback, but hugged her back nonetheless.

"Hey, Bobby!" Sam and Dean said in unison, each one getting up to greet the older man. Emery glared at Dean from behind the man's back, forgetting all about what had happened in the last couple of cases.

Like, saving that little girl from drowning because of her imaginary (dead) friend pushing her to do so. Or laughing with him about Rob, the guy who thought a shapeshifter had been an android. Rob had die in the end, being sniped by SWAT or the FBI. At the end of the night, Dean was pinned for all the murders and the three of them had to sneak out in FBI gear. Emery got to know how much Dean didn't believe in God or Angels.

And then there was Sam getting possessed by a demon, and then having to save Jo from her. Yes, the demon, more commonly known as Meg, had possessed Sam and decided to fuck to the Winchester and Friend's life.

And now, they were at this moment in time.

"It's good to see you boys so soon," Bobby told them, walking further into the rundown motel room.