24 | Come Back to Me

This is my favorite Chapter that I have written, because it's so emotional to me and there are a lot of flashbacks x

-

Anakin's eyes left mine as he pushed me, causing me to fall to the surface. I looked up as I gasped for air as tears blurred my vision. I held my lightsaber up as he stood over me, trying to hit me.

As he rose his hand, I my hands clutched my throat as he began to choke me. I gasped as the air was becoming hard to breathe.

I extended my hand out, and watched him fly across the platform. He grunted as he staggered back to his feet, charging towards me again.

This wasn't the same Anakin I grew to love. This wasn't our playing around lightsaber fights, this was a matter of life and death.

"This isn't you!" I screamed. "You're a Jedi!"

He wasn't listening, though. He continued to fight back; and I was slowly losing.

"Listen to me!" I cried, trying to stop him.
"I am ordered to kill you!" He yelled, his voice husky and deep, nothing like before.

"Anakin." I cried, my breathing coming into pants. "Don't do this."

He stared at me as anger rushed through him, sweat covering his face.

"I know you won't kill me." I whispered, more tears running down my cheeks. "Because I love you."

He looked at me, his brows furrowed. "You underestimate my power!"

"I know you love me, Anakin." I sniffled. "Listen to me, they brainwashed you.. This isn't you." I cried harder, watching his eyes lower to the ground.

"I love you!" I yelled. "You're my everything!"

His wide eyes met mine again as if he didn't know what to say.

"Let me help you." I said, holding my hand out to him. "I can take your pain and hate away."

He stepped forward hesitantly, and turned off his lightsaber. He extended his hand out, placing it into mine.

"Save me." He whispered, tears in his eyes.

I closed my eyes, lifting my other hand.

My eyes widened. "You're a Jedi?"

He looked at me in confusion. "Have you not seen a Jedi before?"

Anakin screamed as the pain erupted his head, falling to his knees as his hands pressed to the sides of his head.

"I sometimes have these.. Dreams.. These dreams become real, and the other night.. I dreamt that I was going to be taken away from here.. To become a Jedi. I thought it was real, but then I forced myself to wake up." I explained.

"You.. Have dreams?" He asked me.
I scratched my skin awkwardly. "That was weird, I apologize."
"No-No!.. I.. I know what you're talking about." He said.
"You do?" I asked.

"I have the same dreams.. That's how I found my mother. I dreamt that she was dying, and she did."

Screams filled my ears as I continued to trace his memory.

"That wasn't fair, you had an easy hit!" I pouted, trying to hit it again. He laughed before blocking my hit.

"I know you can do it, Ken." He said to me, moving back as we moved swiftly.

Groans escaped Anakin's mouth as he squeezed his eyes shut; the pain increasing.

Anakin?" I asked.
His eyes brightened as he focused on me. "Kendra?"
I let out a breathy laugh before springing forward, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off of the ground slightly.

"God, I've missed you." He whispered.
I closed my eyes shut tightly, not wanting to let go. "I've missed you more than you know."

I guess I don't care anymore."

That's when his lips pressed to mine. The soft texture causing me to let out a breath as I kissed him back.

The passionate kiss continued as he slid his hands down to rest on my sides. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"Don't remember you're the one who said not the forehead." He whispered against my lips, causing me to laugh.

The pain faded as the memories filled his head, undoing the power Ciara had used on him.
Soft pants left Anakin's mouth as he looked up at me.

"What have I done?" He cried, stumbling as he collapsed to his buckling knees.

I quickly ran to him, leaning down to wrap my arms around him. I pressed my lips to his forehead as he shook in my arms.

Obi-Wan appeared as he stepped out of the building. "Ciara had escaped."
I shook my head. "I don't care right now, we need to get him back to Coruscant and rest."

Obi-Wan lifted Anakin over his shoulder, similar to how Anakin did for Obi-Wan earlier back. "It's nice to know you're yourself, Anakin."

-

I sat in the dark room as Yoda watched me. Everything was calm for the time being.
"Surrounds her, the darkness does." He said to me. "There is no saving her."

I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for my flesh in blood as Yoda spoke.

"I understand, Master Yoda. I will end Darth Cientra, once and for all."