The Matchmaker's Match

“Where is revenge going to get you, Adam? What’s it going to prove?” Katie asked.

“He killed my brother, Kate. I won’t rest until he dies…the same way Joel did”

“By murder?”

The determination in Adam’s eyes gave Katie little hope of changing his mind. He said nothing but stared at her as if the thought of murder was completely foreign to him.

“That’s exactly what you’ll be doing, Adam” Katie warned.

Adam’s jaw clenched and he nodded in determination. “Then so be it.”

*************************

Katie Morris. Self proclaimed matchmaker of Sundance, Texas in 1860. Proudly matched 12 successful couples, holds herself partly responsible for their beautiful families, and contentedly resides with her cousin on the MC Ranch. Betrayal and several years full of lies threaten to tear what were once the close-knit residents of the ranch. As if that isn’t bad enough, the new cowboy just happens to be someone Katie wants nothing to do with. Yet they need him if they want to get their ranch back.

Adam Sterling is a retired Deputy Sheriff who wants to hide from what he had done during his career as a law enforcement officer, yet running from the past has brought him right back to where it all happened, and where he didn’t want to be. His past with the town’s matchmaker is something he wants to run from as well, yet he must decide if running is the best course of action.

A cattle drive with a baby, a woman cook, and a new cowboy who hardly knows which end of the cow to rope. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to most people, but to Toni McBride and her bunch of cowboys, it’s just an average cattle drive. Adam and Katie have no idea what’s in store for them.

They both want to forget their past together.

Yet neither seem to succeed.

Book 3 in the Stars above Texas Series.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Be sure to check out Book One! "The Boss Lady's Man"

http://www.wattpad.com/story/5076678-the-boss-lady%27s-man

And Book 2! "The Cowboy's Love"

http://www.wattpad.com/story/5982859-the-cowboy%27s-love

*I would recommend reading these two first, and this story might flow better. It isn't necessary, though.*

 (I recently changed the town "Dodge City" to "Grayson City" because of historical inaccuracies. If you happen to come across a mistake where I missed changing Dodge to Grayson, please let me know)

Cover Credit: @danceswithkiba