0.3

*okay the boys are young. Bren is 13 (gonna be 14) while dallon is a 14. just a couple months off i guess??*

dallon

"dallon! come down here please!" i sighed, pausing my game.

I jogged down the steps and was met with a casserole shoved in my face.

"uh, what's this for?" I asked as I inspected the dish, my mother slapped my hand.

"we're gonna have dinner across the street and I thought it'd be nice to make them a 'welcome to the neighbourhood' dish. so let's go." I was about to say no, but she pulled my arm and went out the door.

I stumbled a bit and got my balance back. I looked and saw a that they had finally gotten rid of all the boxes.

mom rang the doorbell, flattening out her outfit and fixing her hair. I just huffed, not really wanting to be here.

the door opened and there stood Brendon's mom, awoman with dark brown hair and warm brown eyes appeared. she looked surprised, but had a smile on her face.

"hey grace, we saw you moved in and just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood!" she nudged me and I raised the casserole dish in front her.

"oh! I made this for you as well, hope you like chicken casserole." she gladly took the dish, a smile on her face.

"thank you so much! I love chicken casserole."

"would you like to join us for dinner? it's been a while only seems fair, you two being so welcoming in all." my mother nodded and stepped through the door, I followed suit.

"brendon! please come down here." an 'okay!' was heard, followed by footsteps.

a few minutes later down came, brendon he had the same eyes as his mom, followed by some shaggy hair. he wore a shirt that look about two sizes big and some jeans.

"brendon, why don't you take him up to your room and catch up a bit? dinner will be ready in a bit." she nudged him and he walked over to me.

"um, I have gta and stuff if you wanna play?" I nodded and followed him up the stairs.

before I entered his room, he scrambled to put away a vest looking thing. I raised my eyebrow, wondering what that was.

"what was that?" his eyes got big, and he just shrugged it off.

"it's nothing dude, my mom leaves her stuff in here sometimes." he passed me a controller and we started playing.

I looked over at him but just shrugged it off, it probably wasn't important.

--------

"yep, eighth grade sucks. but there's vending machines, so that's okay." he chuckled.

"who do you like to listen to? I've got cd's over there if you wanna put something on." I got up and walked over to his collection.

brendon had some good shi-crap.

green day, smashing pumpkins, radiohead, it was a dream.

"holy crap dude! your music taste is sick! I like all these bands and more." I exclaimed, he paused the game and came over to me.

"thanks, I guess that means your taste is bomb too."

I picked out the 21st century breakdown album by green day.

I looked around and saw he had da guitar, drums, and a keyboard.

he had aquired two more instruments since the last time we hung out.

"woah, you play all of these?" i said in a astonishment.

"yeah, I love music. I play more but you know how expensive things are." he laughed, I nodded in reply.

"you know I play bass, & a bit of drums. I'm mostly a bass kinda guy though."

we spent sometime talking about what we played and music in general. then the classes we hated the most and what we hated about our history teacher.

"Boys? diners ready, come on down!" we both jogged down the stairs, pushing against one another and giggling.

we sat down at the table and saw my mom and brendon's mom with a smile.

"looks like you two are making up for lost time?" my mom said with a playful tone.

even though it had only been a couple days since we saw one another.

-------

"it was nice eating with you grace, hope we can do this again soon. you can go back to visiting whenever Brendon." we all exchanged hugs and whatnot.

mom and I made our way across the street and back into the house.

"did you have fun sweetie?" I nodded, grabbing a Popsicle from the freezer.

"yeah, me and Brendon have classes together this year, plus he lives closer so it'll be a good time."

___________________
_______

nice I feel like shit still but yeah, writing keeps me distracted & im glad I have my other closest friends with me as well