Chapter 58

can I just say that choking on peanut butter is rly scary

-

possible triggers ahead

-

I rose up from the bed, my heart pounding as Rick walked into the room.

Blood and sweat was caked all over him, and he was shaking.

"Rick, what happened? Are you okay?" I asked, panicking.

"It's not my blood." He muttered.

"You're shaking so bad." I mumbled, wrapping my hand around his blood one.

He gently pushed me away before walking into the bathroom.

I walked out into the hall, finding Tara who looked as confused as I was.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked.

"I don't know." I replied.

-

I rose up from the bed again, Rick walking back out from the bathroom completely clean.

He pulled a shirt on before sitting down on the edge of the bed and covering his face with his hands.

I stood up and walked over to him before kneeling down in front of him.

"Look at me." I ordered, wrapping my hands around his wrists.

He was still shaking, but not as bad as ten minutes ago.

He removed his hands from his face before his eyes met mine.

"I lost it. He kept talkin' and sayin' he killed Carl. He wouldn't answer me, he just kept repeating it." He stated.

"He probably was doing it to just make you mad." I replied.

"I literally chopped him up in pieces." He replied, his eyes bloodshot red.

I wasn't stupid to think he hadn't been crying.

"I can't lose Carl, I can't. The only thing keeping me here is knowing that there's a possibility he's alive." He replied.

"Carl doesn't give up easy- he's like you. He's okay, I know he is." I replied.

I watched as a tears pooled in his eyes and my heart ached.

"Hey," I whispered, squeezing his hand. "He isn't dead. Stop thinking about it. Do you really think that asshole was going to tell you that Carl's alive and tell you exactly where he is? No. He wants you to give up, so don't. We're gonna go back out there tomorrow and we're gonna find Carl Grimes- alive." I replied, standing up.

He wrapped his arms around my hips, resting his head on my stomach as I ran my fingers through his damp hair.

"He's alive." I repeated.

"Why hasn't he came back here?" Rick mumbled.

"He's probably lost." I replied.