Chapter Eighteen: Dream

Isn't the story getting intense?

_________________________________________________________________________

"There, that's all the money," he handed her a wad of cash.

Money?

"Remember, double for the second date, and you pay for my movie ticket," she scolded him. He frowned.

"Yes, yes, I know. Don't expect me to walk you home. And I'll give you the extra for the kiss at school," he sighed.

Gwen nodded and walked off.

Gwen was fake.

Trevor still didn't have a girlfriend.

CAN I GET A WHAT WHAT?

I slowly walked back to Alex's car, feeling somewhat elated and in a daze. So, Trevor had payed Gwen to be his girlfriend. What a loser. But, Alex isn't your real boyfriend either, that annoying voice in my head told me. Yeah, but at least I didn't pay him!! I slid into the car. Should I tell Alex? His voice interrupted my thoughts.

"What's up with you? You look... creepy." He gave a quizzical look. I shook my head, and stayed silent as Alex drove to my house. He pulled up outside my house. "So someone was feeling badass today."

I looked at him confused. "What?"

"You broke a rule," he singsonged. Oh. The kiss. I just stared out the windshield.

"Listen," he started. The feelings that I felt when I kissed him came back. And I couldn't tell Alex anything. Suddenly, all I wanted was a normal, drama free life. All I wanted was to cry my eyes out. Because Alex felt nothing in that kiss. I just knew it. He was about to tell me that he didn't want to have an actual relationship with me. 

"That kiss meant nothing," I mumbled, "sorry if I make you get a cold." I tried halfheartedly at a joke. "Just forget it even happened, it was strictly business." A flash of hurt crossed his blue eyes. Then, they hardened.

"Yeah, strictly business," he muttered, staring hard into my hazel eyes with a perfect poker face. I realized what I said had hurt him. Maybe I was too cold. 

"Alex," I began.

He shook his head. It was all I could do to not just grab his head and crash my lips into his.

"Just go."

"I-" (Gif on the right ----------------------->)

"Go," he whispered. His voice sent shivers down my spine. I crawled out of the car and just stood there as he sped away. I raced inside, tears streaming down my face. I went straight to my bedroom and collapsed on my bed.

I liked Alex Waters.

And he wanted nothing to do with me.

With that last thought, I fell into a deep sleep.

*******************************************************************************************************

He was close, I could feel him. I groped around in the dark. I needed him. He would stop this. I couldn't take it anymore. I sprinted madly, the need for him growing stronger and stronger in the pitch darkness. I bumped into a strong chest, but before I could fall, strong hands gripped me and pulled me flush against his chest. It was him. I sighed, leaning my head on his chest. There was no heartbeat. I was confused. I stood up on my tippy toes to give him a kiss. He didn't respond to my kiss. I beat his chest, wanting him to kiss me back. No response. Suddenly a light flickered on, and I could see him. His dead eyes. His hands now felt cold and clammy. His face was as white as snow.

"Wake up," I muttered. "Wake up," I screeched. He collapsed on me, his dead body suffocating me. The light went off and all went black.

******************************************************************************************************

I woke up with one name on my lips. I screamed.

"ALEX."

______________________________________________________________________

That's what she said. ;)