Chapter 29: Bite Me

Gryffindor's first quidditch game was coming just around the corner and Harry constantly had his nose buried in the book Hermione got him, Quidditch Through The Ages. The rest of Gryffindor was excited for the first game.

The twins seeing how stressed Harry was would give him pointers and tell him not worry. Oliver was being no help insisting he walk to class with Harry and talk strategy. Then one night Harry, Ron, and Hermione came up to a reading Rose outraged about something.

"You're dad just took Harry's quidditch book because he was reading outside. How ridiculous is that?" Ron said. Rose just shrugged. That was how Sev worked. She couldn't complain to him about every little thing.

"Yes but he was limping for some reason. I think he's hurt. I feel like you should go check on him." Hermione said. Rose looked worried. She nodded her head and went up to their dorm to write him a letter.

She asked if they could meet in two days, Friday afternoon. Then being to tired to go back down stairs she flopped into her bed and fell asleep.

The morning had little difference from the one before that and the one before that. They all walked to class together, they ate together, Harry was a ball of nerves.

In the afternoon Hermione suggested that Harry go ask Sev for his quidditch book back. Neville, Rose, Ron and Oliver agreed.

"Oh butt out Oliver, he'll do fine." George said thoughtfully as he pushed Oliver out of their conversation.

"Thanks mate, he wouldn't leave me alone for one minute." Harry said sighing.

"Yea Harry, I think you should go get your book back. Fight him, or apologize or something. But do it while he's in the staff room that way, sorry Rosie no harm intended, he can't be a complete ass to you." George said. All Rose could do was nod because it did sound like a good plan.

Later after their afternoon classes Hermione and Rose where sitting in the common room practicing the wiping spell for Rose's book when Harry came in looking ashen.

"Hey guys, I think I just saw something really weird." Harry said sitting on the floor facing Rose and Hermione. Rose motioned for him to speak, intrigued as to why he was so stricken.

"Okay well, I was walking into the staff room to go talk to Snape when I saw the weirdest thing. Snape was in there, but Filch was in there wrapping one of his legs, the leg that we thought might have been hurt the other day, and to me it looked like a dog bite." Harry said looking down. Rose's eyes widened.

"Yea, so i know we all know a big dog in the school grounds, and his leg was all bitten and bloody, and he was complaining about a Fluffy, I think we should talk to Hagrid about it, because," Rose was shaking her head, it couldn't be true, but it made so much sense. "I think Snapes been trying to get past that big dog, Fluffy."