Chapter 19: Strawberry Milk

HEY YOU....vote and comment.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND LISTEN TO THIS SONG IT'S THIS BOOKS BEST FRIEND >>>>

~You can't run hide me I'm a killer ~You can't run once I like what I see, I'm a killer. ~But I won't sleep and I won't stop, until you're mine.

********************************************************************************************************

I’m so late!

I ran into the Devin & Son building at nine thirty five, breathing like I ran a marathon. (I practically did.) This morning the raining was so hard Taxi's were having trouble seeing me wave them down. I freaked out and ran half a block to the building in high heels. Let me tell you, which should be a national sport. Do you know how many people are on the streets at nine thirty in the morning? A whole lot of people, it was basically an obstacle course, with rain.

Ignoring my fear of the Elevator I pressed the top floor about twenty times. But of course, other people had to take the elevator. I watched eight people leave on eight different floors. I’m dead, I’m fired there’s nothing else to it. My white heels continued tapping on the floor of the small teleporting room. “I’m so late!” I mumbled to myself.

The floor dinged, and the doors opened to a gorgeous face, with huge blue eyes and combed back blond hair. My eye brows rose, “H-hi Devin—“

His eyes widened, probably forgetting my name. He searched my face and pointed at me, “Faith—right?”

“Yes sir,” I confirmed with a smile. Wow he is handsome.

“Good morning, you look nice today.” He nodded his head at me, and took a step back. I stepped towards him out of the elevator. The doors closed and the elevator lowered. Devin surprisingly stepped forward and tried to push me back into the elevator, “actually maybe we should go get something to eat. David is...busy at the moment.”

I blushed, “I—I guess that would be—“

“Let’s hurry, before we interrupt,” he said hurriedly, pressing his hand lightly on my back. I noticed he continued looking behind him to make sure nobody was there.

I button for the elevator to arrive. “Oh—ok. Is something wrong?”

He turned to me and sent me a nervous grin, “No, I um…we have some clients in our business that can be…aggressive,” he explained.

“Aggressive?” I asked curiously. I don’t want to work somewhere where people are aggressive…

He shrugged, and pressed the elevator button again. “This is ridiculous,” he mumbled under his breath.

“I stared up at his flawless face, and cleared my throat, “Are we in danger?” The elevator dinged from behind me, but I stayed facing Devin. He made a face, put his hands to his hips, and turned away from the elevator.

“Well, look who it is!” a deep voice said happily. I turned around to see David, drenched in water. His white dress shirt is sticking to his muscled body, and I tried not to stare. He made a show of wringing out his tie, grinned at Devin, and glanced at me. “Can I talk to you in private, Buddy?” he said between clenched teeth.

Devin walked closer to me, and put a hand on my shoulder. “I actually can’t talk right now, Faith and I were going to—“

He chuckled deep in his throat. “Yeah, not going to happen. Faith, please follow me Sweetheart. Wait, let me just do something.” He stepped in front of me,  making sure to give Devin a nice bear hug. Devin cringed at the wet body clinging to him, and let out a noise of disgust.