34 | Recovery

this chapter is dedicated to AllisonBatterton :) thank you for your long comments, hun! x love you.

if you wanna be friends, go follow marshtheauthor on twitter and we can talk all day long c:

--

34 | Recovery

My eyelids felt heavy and my head was throbbing.

I dreamt about her. She was with me, she told me I was free of pain. I tried to reach for her, but she smiled and the light behind her blinded me.

A breath escaped my lips softly, my eyes stayed close.

I feel a soft fabric over my body, I smell fresh flowers, and I hear the beeping of a machine.

I slowly opened my eyes, everything was a blur. I blinked hard a couple of times until my eyesight adjusts to the light.

"You're always pale when I see you." He says softly, and I smile remembering the first time I heard him say that..when he carried me away into his chest when I was drenched with dirty water.

He's been saving me ever since.

I tiredly laughed, relieved and beyond happy to see him. He moves closer and I felt the bed move.

I closed my eyes as he gives me a kiss on the forehead, then he proceeds to kiss the tip of my nose.

I opened my eyes and watched him. For a moment we just looked into each other, smiling quietly. Appreciating each other's presence and thankful that we're both here.

His smile grows wider. "I was afraid you'd wake up not knowing who I was."

With my free hand, I touched his cheek.

"Calum Hood, I may not be the smartest girl, I may forget every important thing in the world, but you..I'll never forget you." I smile. "You're my mess, remember?"

A huge smile finds its way to Calum's face as he bites his lip.

The door opens.

Calum and I turned to Luke, who walks in the room in the middle of biting an apple, not noticing that Calum and I had finally gained consciousness.

Michael walks in closely behind Luke, sipping on a cherry soda while using his cellphone.

Before Michael closes the door, Luke turns his head and sees us.

"ACKGH—" He chokes on his apple, hitting his chest to try to cough the huge chunk out.

Michael, not paying attention, accidentally bumps Luke and spills the soda on his white shirt and pants.

"Oh for fuck's sake Luke! Watch where you're—" Michael halts his words as he follows Luke's gaze.

"—Jesus Christ!!!!" He finishes his sentence with a huge grin.

Luke finally was able to recover from the apple and wheezed out, "AMEN!"

"What are you two idiots praising about?! Y'all are loud as fuck, this the fucking ho—" Camille walks in, her eyes widened and accidentally dropping whatever was in that paper bag. "—oOOLY SHIT!" She says excitedly.

I feel Calum's hand find mine under the coves and squeezes it lightly. We briefly looked at each other and laughed at our friends.

"Well, there goes our lunch." Luke looks down at the paper bag on the floor.

Calum and I shared a king sized hospital bed in a presidential suite.

"I figured your Chi would be stronger if we put you two in one bed." Luke says. He was sitting on my bedside.