0.2

*brendon is gonna be 6,
dallon's 7*

brendon

"mommy what if they make fun of me?" the 6 year old pouted, his mother had talked to the teachers and school about the situation.

but telling kids is another thing, especially if they're too young understand.

"I talked to your school and your teachers, sweetie. if something goes wrong you call me, okay?" the young boy nodded, hugging his mother.

----

the two pulled up to the school, brendon got out and poked his head through his mother's rolled down windows.

"I love you brendon, have a good day." she pressed a kiss to his cheek, and rubbed his back.

"I love you too, mommy. see you later!" brendon raced into the building, making his way towards his class.

once he entered mrs. rumph's room, all eyes were on him.

"hey brendon! welcome back, go take a seat over there next to dallon." brendon nodded and sat next to the blue eyed boy.

"hi, I'm dallon!" the boy announced, brendon smiled and waved at him.

"h-hi I'm brendon." brendon said back, nervous to look dallon in the eyes.

"alright kids, gather around its story time." little children scampered and placed themselves on the multi colored blue and yellow circular rug.

"sit next to me brendon!" dallon grabbed the shy boys hand and placed the two of them on the rug.

--------

brendon and dallon had grown to be close that day.

never leaving one another's side, always defending each other.

especially at lunch that day

-flashback-

dallon and brendon sat down at the lunch table, munching on their food.

suddenly a group of boys came over to them.

"so you're a boy now?" joey asked, looking at Brendon with a confused look.

"I was always a boy, just not in the right body." brendon said, looking up at the boy and his friends.

"no, my mommy said that whatever you're born as, you are. you were born as a girl so you're a girl! you can't change that!" brendon's head hung low, he was unable to speak.

tears filled the little boys eyes, dropping into his lap.

"hey! leave my friend alone! he is a boy! if he says he is, then he is. no matter what his body looks like! now go on, leave us alone!" dallon screamed at the boys.

joey look terrified and quickly ran away, his friends following.

brendon sat, crying into his hands. dallon wrapped his arms around the boy.

"hey, don't cry brendon. it'll be okay, don't listen to those meanie heads."

"you're a boy to me bren, you'll always be a boy to me."

--------

from that day on, the two were inseparable.

______________
___

nice