1.2

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"He had the audacity to freaking kiss me!" I inform Emily, with a frustrated huff.

"Woah woah woah, hold the boat. Alex kissed you?" She questions, sounding really confused.

"Yes! He freaking kissed me! Do you know how embarrassing that was? A lot of people saw us and they know we are step siblings- well soon-to-be but still!"

"Well think of it this way, you two aren't blood related-" she begins to explain but I cut her words short.

"I mean," I pause to think. "I did slap him so that must put me in the safe zone, right?"

"Hold it there, woah. You slapped him?"

"Yes, I slapped him right across his face." I clarify.

"Why?"

"Because he kissed me! And we're stepsiblings!" I explain, moving my arms around to mark my point.

"As I was trying to explain," she continues. "You two aren't blood related so it isn't considered incest because we all know that's gross, leave that in the ancient times. And also, your parents aren't married yet. Something can happen between the time of today and the wedding. They might just not get married and you two will never become stepbrother and sister."

"But-"

"But nothing." She cuts me off. "As of now you two are just living together, no relation of any kind except the confusing thing going on between you two, lord knows what it is."

"It's nothing." I fill in, running my fingers through my hair.

"Just remember what I said, you two aren't blood related. If you two wanna date then date. Everyone gets judged either way, why not take the wild side of things? You'll know you aren't doing anything wrong, but the people around you will think it is. Just let them. What do they care?"

I raise an eyebrow at her. "You are making a good point, I can't deny that, but I don't see him as anything except maybe a friend. I don't even want him as my brother, I don't want to be stuck with him for the rest of my life." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"You're being dramatic." She comments. "But if you don't want him then please pass him over to me, the guy is very handsome."

I laugh at her, as she winks. "There's the Emily I've known for years now."

"Shut up." She laughs, shoving my shoulder.

"Smart ass." I tell her, as she curls a piece of my hair away from my face.

"I'll make you look hella ugly if you keep that up." She threatens and I chuckle before letting her do her thing.

"Do you think Alex will be there?" I ask her, and she finishes curling the last piece of my hair.

"Isn't he in the soccer team?"

"No idea." I answer truthfully.

"I thought I saw him during the time that I was actually paying attention, well kind of." She says to me, letting out a little laugh.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I didn't see him and I was paying attention during the entire game."

"The thing about you, is that your main focus is always Julian when he plays."

"He's my best friend, as you are too." I defend. "Of course I'm going to focus my attention on him."

"Excuses, excuses. We both know that's not it." She says to me, zipping open her makeup bag. "You two like each other, or might even love but both of you are in denial. I mean hell, you two act like a couple but never made it official. You think I don't notice the constant kisses?"