Chapter 5

Samantha POV:

The pack members stayed bowing till Mason dismissed them. They scurried out of the kitchen as if someone had said FIRE! Mason walked me over to a stool and started preparing me breakfast. Soon the omelet he prepared was done and I quickly ate it. I heard a chuckle besides me and turned to look at Mason laughing at me.

"What!?" I ask.

"Nothing, I've just never seen someone eat so fast." He said while finishing his omelet as fast as I did. We finished and he lead me to a room. The same room he had told me was his a day ago.

"Go take a shower & get dressed. I need to take care of pack business so I'll be back when I can. Feel free to look for me in my office when you are done." he said and walked out of the room. I grabbed my necessities and headed towards the bathroom. I took a long time remembering what Mason had said the first day we came here.

Flashback:

"Yes your sis and I are mates!" Mason had a sparkle in his eyes which I didn't quite get why?...

My brother had asked what It means to be a mate and his response made me feel more confused and I some how felt proud to be called that.

"A mate is your other half, Someone you can't live without or you will die. Your sis is my mate, my soulmate and I know I barely know her but I can say this I love her and I will protect her with my life."

..............................................................................................................................

The word mate and definition sent a fire through my heart that day and just remembering that made me feel so proud to be called that. As I got out of the shower I decided to dress in loose clothes and put my hair in a messy bun. I headed towards Masons office and got lost on my way. I wandered around the hallways trying to find his office but I kept on stumbling to the rooms of pack members. Which fortunately were vacant. And let me tell you something this house had hallways with about 16 or more rooms on each floor. Halfway through the hallway I opened a door in which a girl around my age stood crying her heart out on her bed. I felt very bad and decided to comfort her. I went to her and as soon as she saw me she quickly cleared her tears and stood up.

"Luna! I..I was just..." She stammered

"Don't call me Luna. Call me Samantha." I said introducing myself to her.

"Hayley" She responded.

"Are you okay?" I asked knowing deep down she wasn't. I could tell just by looking at her that her heart had been broken into millions of pieces and that someone had walked all over it.

"No.." she said before crumbling to the floor and crying like their was no tomorrow.

"Whats wrong?"

"M-my mate he.. he rejected me." she said. I stood their not knowing what to do. After all I didn't know anything about mates till a day ago.

"S-sorry could you um tell me what that means?" I ask feeling completely stupid. Here Hayley was crying her heart and me asking questions of what it means. As soon as I said that a small smile appeared on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes. She looked and me and explained.

"A-a mate is someone you can't live without. If he leaves or rejects you feel as if a piece of you has been taken away. my mate rejected me because to him I was a nerd and not worthy to stand next to him or be shown as his mate. For him I am an ugly nerd not worthy to be his mate." She said looking down. She looked so broken that I couldn't stand their not being able to comfort her.

'Hayley I might not know anything about mates but I can tell you something If your mate doesn't like you the way you are then he doesn't deserve you. Now what you have to do is show him what he is missing out on and make him come back begging for your forgiveness." By now my little speech had made her cry a whole lot harder and all I did was hold her and tried to comfort her as best as I could. Soon her cries died down and she hugged me one last time.

"Thanks Samantha." She said while getting up from the floor. And fixing her hair in the mirror and cleaning her face off. "Hey when you walked in you looked a little lost were you looking for someone or something" She asked looking a whole lot better than she had a few moments ago

"Yeah, I was looking For Mason's office do you mind telling me where I can find it" I ask.

"Sure, It's in the first floor, here i'll show you." She said leading me around the hallways and stairs. As soon as we reached the first floor I was dying. This girl made me walk down three sets of stairs with no breaks. As soon as we reached the last step I fell panting. Man I was so unfit.

"OMG LUNA ARE YOU OKAY!?" Samantha asked. I turned around so that my back was to the floor and looked up and Samantha. As I did I noticed that she wasn't panting or sweating.

"H-hhow a-rrre y-oou n-ooot tire!" I exclaimed.

She looked surprised by y question but answered " Oh that's because we pack members train for at least 5 hours a day, so we are really fit." I stared at her to see if she was kidding but she didn't look like she was. I stayed their for 5 minutes trying to catch my breath with my eyes closed while Samantha went to the kitchen to fetch me some water. I was about to get up when a voice boomed through the air and very fast and heavy footsteps got closer.

"SAMANTHA!" I recognized that voice. It was the one and only Mason. I opened my eyes to see him kneeling down and checking my pulse to see if I was alive. He never looked at my eyes so I decided to play a prank. As soon as he was done checking if i had any injuries he turned to look at my face, so I quickly closed my eyes and didn't move. When Samantha walked in with my water she greeted Mason.

"Good Morning Alpha how are you today" The funny thing is that she knew I wasn't hurt but Mason didn't. When Mason saw that she didn't ask about me he shouted at her.

"DO YOU NOT SEE YOUR LUNA ON THE FLOOR ALMOST DEAD! HOW CAN YOU ACT SO CALMLY" I took this opportunity to look at her and wink at her to let her know I was playing around. She saw that and tried to cover her giggles. As soon as Mason saw this he got up and stood on my side blocking my view from her. I took this as an opportunity to move and hide from him so when he turned around he wouldn't see me.

"CALL THE PACK DOCTOR SO HE CAN CHECK ON MY MATE AND GO BEFORE I RIP YOU TO SHREDS!" Haley turned to look behind him and saw me, I winked and told her to leave. She winked back and left the room or hallway who knows what this place is! As Mason turned around so did I. At first he looked stunned but quickly caught on to my evil plan. He spins around and catches me by the waist.

"That wasn't nice was it" he said pulling me really close and kissing my neck.

"Oh it was very nice you should have seen your face!" I exclaimed.

"Okay fine you got me! Now tell me why were you on the floor looking half dead?"

"Because Samantha was taking me to see you and she made me go down 3 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS!!!" I shouted the last part a little rudely but I was very tired.

"You do know theirs an elevator right!?" He laughed at me and I pulled away. He pouted and stopped his laughing.

"okay okay" he said putting his hands up in surrender. "I am done with pack work do you want to come to our room and watch a few movies."

"Sure But I am not going up the stairs and you have to give me a piggy back ride." I said and to my surprise he did not protest like my brother when I tell him to give me one. He bent down and I jumped on his back. And you know what he did instead of heading towards the elevator he took the STAIRS! AHHHHHHHH! only proving that I am very unfit. As we reached the third floor and headed to the last pair of stairs what I saw was shocking! My brother was kissing a girl and was in a full make out session with no one other than.... Haley!!!!!!!!!

  A/N: Hey guys long time no see... Sorry for the delay. I've been a little busy and forgot about my stories actually. Sorry and I hope you guys can forgive. Anyway here is you UPDATE! YAY! Hope you guys enjoy and Ill update again in 1 week along with my first book (incase anyone reads that). Also this chapter is dedicated to @saarokiin . Thx for understanding love you all and wow 1.1k!

                                                                                      Until then,                                                  Anna

Comment

Vote

Follow