Merlin The Elf

Claire's POV

               Finding out that I actually got to pack my stuff before we took our leave was refreshing. I mean, last time, I had to wear Atticus's clothes. They were comfortable, but I prefer something my size, and much more feminine. I guess I consider myself girly.

                Dresses and styling my hair was what I lived for. And my books. Those too.

             I stared at my bookshelf in the middle of packing a silk night dress. I stared and suddenly felt almost devastated at how many books I was gonna leave behind. I frowned, taking a second to look at my room. Oh no, don't tell me that I'm getting cold feet.

                 I sighed and plopped down on my bed.

"Are you almost-" Merlin walked in on me while I was sulking and frowned.

"What's wrong?" He asked, staring at my open luggage. I shrugged.

"I'm sad for no reason." I said, rolling my eyes at my logic. He raised an eyebrow.

"Melancholy?" He asked as I shook my head.

"There's a reason- but, it's more like cold feet." I say, kicking my feet back and forth. My blue toenail polish was starting to chip. I really needed a pedicure. I felt the bed dip beside me, and glanced up to see Merlin. It was kind of weird seeing him in a butler suit, but I would miss that too.

"I could wear the butler suit in holdrex too, if you'd like." He said, smiling sadly at me. I forgot he could read my thoughts. I almost wanted to laugh at the foolishness of his suggestion, but instead, I found myself nodding.

"Merlin?" I asked, suddenly remembering something out of the blue. He raised his eyebrows, as if to respond.

"What was I doing asleep with Atticus that one time in holdrex? How did I even get in the same bed as him?" I ask, remembering and getting nowhere with the memory. I remember getting woken up by Valdus. Oh my god, that was when I first met Valdus! His eyes crinkled in the corners as he smiled.

"Did you know that you sleepwalk?" He responded as I covered my mouth with both hands. I knew I was wearing a shocked expression, but then, I started to laugh.

"Oh my- I though it was his fault!" I said in the middle of laughing. I was gasping for breath, and I didn't really understand why I was laughing so hard. Merlin started to chuckle a bit too.

               "Look, you have a choice if you want to stay here. No use in getting upset. But do you want my opinion on this?" He asked, straightening his bow tie. I smiled and nodded.

                "I think you should go. Not trying to throw shots or anything girl, but over there is where an elemental like you belongs." He said, as I processed it all. I did belong over there. I mean, it's not like I would be able to hide my powers for long. What happens if one of these days my mother walks into me burning down my bed? What then?

                I was starting to feel a little bit better, not sure that I should really be happy about leaving my mother.

               "Plus-" Merlin starts. "Christmas would be able to run freely over there! No fire extinguishers, no angry mothers, just a free lava hound." He says wiggling his eyebrows. I giggle, and find myself thinking about how Merlin is really good at cheering me up.

              "And guess what happens when it snows over there?" He asks, suddenly very serious.

              "Um-er, uh-" I stutter, not sure what happens. He suddenly throws his head back and let's out a bark of laughter.

              "It snows fairy dust!" He exclaims. He wiggles his fingers for effect. I suddenly start thinking about it all. I mean, who would reject a magical adventure such as this all. And if I stayed here, what would happen between me and Atticus? I start to get up, ready to pack all my bags when Merlin stops me.

               "I was gonna let you pack only a little bit of stuff so your mother wouldn't suspect you missing for a while, but..." He trails off as I look around. Everything was starting to shrink! Including my bookshelf!

                   I grinned happily as I watched him do a hand gesture, and all of my room fit into my luggage. I was surprised he left the wall paint on the walls!

                    He grabbed my luggage for me.
                  "Now- to endure this war with that idiot Valdus." Merlin muttered to himself as I started to walk with him.

                    "What's the deal with you and Valdus? I thought he didn't believe in wizards?" I ask, backtracking to when we were chased by Maria the troll in the dream realm. He grinned evilly at me.

                "Valdus just recently found out about wizards. Yes, we do have history- but I fooled him to think that I was an elf!" He says, cackling to himself. I can't resist it, as I join in on the laughter.

                   "How did you fool him? And why?" I ask, shaking my head.

                 "Magic can deceive anyone child. And, there's a reason I wanted him to believe I was an elf- but that's a story for another time." He says to me, looking away blushing by the end of his sentence.

               I stare at the redness creeping up his neck, and I start to think that Merlin actually has feelings for Valdus. As I open my mouth to ask about it, Merlin shakes his head.

                 "A story for another time." He repeats, and I just let it go. I mean, it wasn't my business anyway. Instead, I find myself asking where Atticus is. He smiles at the subject change.

"He's already in holdrex." He says as I frown.

"He left without me-us?" I correct myself, blush heating up my cheeks. He suddenly looks very serious.

"He had to check if it was safe on his land. We wouldn't want any of the other dimensions planning a raid while he was gone. I mean, it is war time." He says while I feel pumped.

"Any chance I'm gonna be part of this war?" I ask energetically. He sends me a smile, and my hopes get lifted.

"Not a chance." He says as I slump down in disappointment.

Can you believe that he actually had the guts to let out a laugh?

+

+

+

+

+

+

HELLOOOOOO MY SEXY UNICORNS THAT I LOVE SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I told you guys that I would update today. I also updated "Love Is Stupid" and I released my first teen fiction book "In Return" if you guys wanna check that out. I it gets enough comments and votes, I'll be updating that story tonight.

If you guys have time, can you pretty pleaseeeeee go check that out?? :) anyway, see you guys next update!!!

READ

VOTE

COMMENT!!!!! (I read all comments, cause I care!!)