Ryker

*Hey guys! Arilioness here. I'm so sorry I've been lazy on updating. It's been really hard with swimming and school. I'll try and be more frequent. Thanks for putting up with this. I love you guys! Ciao!*

I sit on one of the chairs in the small living room. Though small, the room is cozy. It has a couch and a small chair, both of which have seen better days. In the middle is a small brown coffee table. That's about it. I wish we had a TV but cable is trackable and Jason's too paranoid to get it. That and it's expensive. On the couch sits Scout and Cade.

I really like Cade. She's sweet and speaks when she feels right. Like me, kind of. She's sweet and thankfully not obnoxious. I was surprised when Jason brought her in. It's not really his style. I think she reminds him of someone from his past. Or else he wouldn't act so childish. We barely ever talk, Cade and I, but I can tell she doesn't want to talk to anyone a lot so it's okay.

Scout is the most confusing, crazy, obnoxious person I know. And it scares me how much I like her. I don't really like people this much. Maybe it's just my thankfulness speaking for me. She always seems to have something to say. But she knows when to keep her trap shut. She also is the only one here who knows how to act when I'm annoyed or having a bad day. I don't know how, but she gets it.

Jason is standing in the middle. That's Jason for you. Always a leader. Always standing up. Being strong, and a complete jackass. But I know better than to judge.

"Hey Jason, want to come with Scout and I to the parade downtown today-" I said walking into his room. I paused. "Oh," Jason was standing there, obviously trying to change considering his shirt was off. But I stay when my eyes meet a horrific sight. On his back are more scars than I can count. Some big, some small, all scars none the less. Each ruined his glowing olive tan skin. And on his shoulder is a bar code. As he straightened his posture, every muscle in his body moves to show his large build. As he turned to look at me, his hair ( Which is untamed) brushes over his eyes because he's not wearing the red bandana. He looked at me annoyed.

"What are you doing in here?!" I looked at him wide eyed.

"Jason... Does Scout know?" He sighed and pulled on a simple white tee that fit his body nicely.

"No, she doesn't. And she's not going to find out either." He began walking towards the door but I blocked him and looked into his deep blue eyes.

"You need to tell her you were apart of Project Monster. She should know she's been living with a..." he walked so his chest was inches from my nose. The strong scent of his cologne filled my nose. The one I may or may not steal every once and awhile. I tilt my head up again to examine his face. His eyes blazing with fear, agony, and hatred.

"I effing dare you to say it." He growled. I narrowed my eyes at him. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed away.

"Fine Jason. Keep secrets. But it will tear you apart. I should know." I muttered walking away. I turn back one more time, my hair falling into my eyes. "Scout will find out eventually. She's good like that. But don't hide this from her. She deserves to know." He just mumbles a few curses under his breath and closes the door behind him. "So you are going to the parade?" I say raising an eyebrow. He looks at me unsatisfied.

"Stop blocking the doorway and let's go already." He grabs me by the shoulders and forcefully guides me out of the house. I can only imagine what kinds of hell this guy's gone through. And suddenly I'm not scared for Scout anymore. I'm scared for Jason.

"Okay guys, what do we think of Seth Verdin?" Jason asks looking at all of us. I fiddle with my dog tag and think about the kid. He's so young. 15. I can't believe it. And I don't think he could survive alone. I mean. He's known nothing but a cement prison his whole life. I'm sure he's gotten in fights. But life's a bitch. Nothing he's probably dealt with.

"I think he should stay." Cade says quickly. We all look at her quizzically. "Well, he's just so young. And he's sweet. I can't imagine leaving him alone in the world. He can't be any worse than the rest of us." She explains. And that's when I think of the downsides.

This kid has been part of the Imperium his whole life. For all we know he's a spy. Or he's got some sort of tracking device. It is suspicious how the Imperium didn't start tracking him right away.

"I understand your point..." Jason muttered. Then Scout speaks up.

"I see what you mean Cade, but doesn't it seem strange to you how easily they let him get away. Whether he knows it or not, he could be a spy." She looks at me and turns the corners of her mouth up. She almost never smiles. I haven't even seen her smile. I think only Jason has, even if he still doesn't see it often. But it seems like she's trying to make sure she's not being rude. I give her a reassuring smile and she nods.

"That's true. But, weren't you the one who begged for Ryker to live with us even though he could have been a spy." Jason points out, eyeing me closely. He knows something. Something I don't know, but both him and Scout do. I shake my head as Scout stands up defensively.

"Well he wasn't. And don't you forget you brought Cade here. Not that that's a problem Cade. But still."

Jason sighs. "I understand I was very, difficult then. But I know you were right. I know it's a risk. But we should give him a chance. Whether or not he's a danger."

"You should know a lot about dangerous people." I laugh. He glares at me, a storm raging across the sea that are his eyes.

"I agree with Cade and Jason. We should take the risk." I finish, moving my eyes away from his.

"I know, but what If we can't afford to take the risk...?" She mumbles. I stand up and walk over to her, kneeling down next to her. I place my hand on her shoulder, and she glances at it, and then her iron colored eyes meet mine.

"We'll never find out unless we try." I say. The corners of her mouth turn up a fraction of a centimeter and nods.

"I guess he can stay." She mumbles.

"It's final then. HEY SETH! YOU CAN COME BACK IN NOW!" Jason shouts. Scout scowls again.

"I still don't like the idea of this. Don't expect me to be nice." She mutters bitterly. Jason looks back at her, hearing the last comment.

"Scout..." He starts, but is cut off.

A few seconds later the kid stumbled into the room. His brown locks sweeping across his face. He pulls them out of his bright green eyes. "Yeah?" He asks. Jason walks forward and gives him a warm smile.

"Welcome to the group."