Chapter Eight

Switched up the cover a bit- any thoughts? Also, just wanted to say that I'll be uploading an original story later tomorrow, so if you could check that out, it's be great :D Anyways, here's Chapter eight

~~~~

Chapter Eight

The group stopped running after a few minutes. They were all winded, Ben was the worst, though.

"Aren't you supposed to be, I don't know, better at this stuff?" asked Poe.

"Sorry, being a dark Lord doesn't have the perks of being in shape," Ben shot back as he leaned over, sucking in air.

Poe shrugged and leaned against a tree. "What are we going to do?" he asked. "It's not like we can hide forever."

"You're right," Rey spoke up. "We need to know exactly what they're planning on doing." She looked to Ben for answers.

"They're going to take out everyone that's near the ship first," he announced. "Then, they'll scavenge the woods and kill the remaining people. Just to be sure that no one's left, they'll destroy the planet. They wanted to get me first which is the reason that they didn't blow it up straightaway."

"Oh," Finn said, his face frighteningly pale. "We're screwed."

"We need to get to a ship," Poe said. "We can get out using that."

"How are we going to get to it?" Finn asked. "It's not like we can just run in and take one. There's going to be Stormtroopers everywhere."

Nobody suggested anything. No one had any ideas.

"We can't give up," Rey said. "We'll get out of this." She didn't exactly seemed convinced of her words, though.

"Ben?" Finn asked tentatively. "Ben, right? That's what you go by now?" Since he had gotten out of the cell and was now allowed to use his powers, Finn didn't want to fall victim to his temper.

Ben nodded. "Yes?"

"You could go in and pretend to be on their side. Then secure a ship and get us through as prisoners." Finn suggested.

"That's not half bad," Rey agreed. "That might actually work." She smiled. Now, they had a way out. The only thing they had to do was execute it successfully.

"I don't know," Poe shrugged. "What if they see us? How is he going to sneak us in there?"

"I could take you as prisoners," Ben piped up. "They wouldn't question it and I could take you right to a ship." He paused for a second, thinking about something. "There's one thing we have to do first, though."

"What is it?" Finn asked.

"We need to get my suit back. Preferably my helmet, too." Ben spoke sheepishly. Although it reminded him of his dark nature, he had grown accustomed, attached even to the suit.

"Really, Ben?" Finn rolled his eyes.

"It'll be more believable. Plus, I'll look more menacing," Ben reprimanded.

"Alright," Poe said. "It's at your cell in the back room. We'll go there first." He thought for a second. "We need a way to get there safely. Any ideas?"

Ben stood up. "Follow my lead." He began walking back the way they had come.

"Are you sure about this?" Finn whispered to Rey. "I don't know if we can trust the guy."

Rey didn't answer for a second. "I think we can," she told him. "He's our best bet. I can sense the light in him in. It's stronger than before. He's like a beacon, almost."