Insecure!Tentaspy X Reader

For EinRain . This is my first Tentaspy so...yeah. Bear with it. :3

Everybody called him a freak, but it didn't matter to you. It wasn't like it was his fault, it was more of Medic's. Everybody said he was just an accident in one of his experiments, one in a many, but somehow, you couldn't bring yourself to think of him as...that.

A mishap, or an abomination.

He, after all, has been nothing but nice to you. He still was the Spy that you loved...just a little more different than what you were used to.

Nonetheless, you two made it work but it was evident to you that the Frenchman was starting to grow uneasy about himself. He wasn't as confident as he was before, he also, wasn't as suave as he used to. This worried you greatly: the once cocky, bold, smooth talker has been reduced to...this. And you know that you've got to fix him. Soon.

Luckily, you figured out how.

"Mon amour," he said one day as you two headed to your favorite spot on the baywalk next to the sea.

"Hmm?" you replied, sitting down on the thick balustrade of a broken bridge nearby.

"What do you still see in me?" he asked, sitting down next to you, "why do you...still stay wizh me?"

"Simple." you answered, grasping a tentacle, "I love you...and, I've been really worried about you. You don't seem like...yourself anymore."

He blushed a little at your concern. Feeling a little bolder, he wrapped said tentacle around your wrist and hand and placed it on his cheek. Getting the message, you caressed the skin there through his balaclava and sighed.

"Spy...you didn't change. You just...look, I didn't love you because you had legs ok?"

You struggled to find the right words, making sure you didn't hurt his already shattered heart.

Tentaspy saved you the trouble and placed his hands onto your jaw, brought your face closer and kissed you. You felt your cheeks heat up as you kissed him back. Unconsciously, Spy wrapped his tentacles all over your body; looping your waist, behind your head, on your thighs, even around your shoulders; and all the while he was pulling you closer.

You two were getting deeper into the kiss, and all of a sudden, you felt the suckers on his tentacles contract, keeping a firm hold onto your skin.

You gasped and he immediately let go. "Je suis dèsolè." he stuttered, "I can't quite...control...zhis."

You pecked his cheeks. "Nah...I quite like the feeling. It's all weird but...it's also kinda cute."

"Zhank you." Tentaspy then said, "zhank you mon cher...you always give me 'ope, and you make me very, very 'appy."

"So do you..."

And the two of you watched the sunset like you always do every afternoon. You leaned onto his shoulder and smiled happily, for tomorrow is a special day.

It's our anniversary.

That night, you two bid your farewells and parted ways. Instead of going back to the base, you went to your Medic and paid him a visit.

"Doc, stop whatever you're doing and help you me out!"

Medic, startled, accidentally cut a huge slit on a dove he was operating on.

"(Y/N)!"

"I'm sorry!" you squeaked, "but please...this is for Spy."

"...Tentaspy?"

"Don't call him that," you say, rolling your eyes, "he's sensitive."

"Spy? Sensitive?" Medic chuckled, reviving the dead dove back to life.

"Just help me out."

And with that, you quietly slipped a note under Spy's door and excitedly went back to the doctor to put the finishing touches on your special plan. Though reluctant, Medic was excited and vouched to help you in any way he could.

Timeskip

Tentaspy walked along the shores of the sea, waiting for you to come. Inside, he was somewhat scared.

"Is she going to end our relationship? 'as she changed 'er mind?" he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, horrible images running through his head.

The sun rose up and Spy couldn't help but stare at its beauty. It reminded him of you. Looking at his right, he saw you from afar, sitting down, salt water covering most of your body. The Frenchman, too, got into the water and went up to you, bracing himself for the worst.

"(Y/N)?"

You looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you for coming Spy...happy anniversary."

Merde. I almost forgot about zhat.

"...'appy anniversary too mon cher."

You stood up and Tentaspy's eyes burst open.

"(Y-Y/N)! Your legs-!"

"It's ok," you interrupted, bringing up a couple of tentacles out from the water, "I...I want to show you that, well, tentacled or not- you still matter to me...I still love you...you know?"

There was a long pause and you started to get worried. Bashfully, you tucked in a strand of your hair behind your ear and cleared your throat. "Um...does it look bad?"

Unknowingly, Tentaspy wrapped a tentacle around your own. You felt his suckers contract again, it felt weird...but as you said, cute. "You are magnifique, amoreoux." he whispered, "I've never 'ad anybody zhat would do so much for me...not one in zee countless women I 'ave met."

You gave him a questioning look. "Spy...I'm a woman." you reminded him as he enclosed you in his arms.

He chuckled and brushed away the hair that fell onto your face, "Non. You aren't just any woman...you are a lady; zhat ees to say, my lady. 'appy anniversary, mon amour."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and laughed. "Happy anniversary too, Tentaspy."

To your surprise, he only chuckled at the name. Not a hint of anger or embarrassment visible on his bright face.

"I like zee name," he said, "I sink I'll keep it."

His reply couldn't be better for you. Finally- finally! He accepted his misfortune and turned it into something of his liking. He finally chose to see the brighter side of things...and that made your eyes brim with happy tears.

He pressed his forehead onto yours and felt your tentacles wrap around his body, the same way he'd unconsciously do whenever the two of you are alone. In response, he wrapped his longer ones around your smaller form and gave you a smug look.

"You'll 'ave to get comfortable, mon cher- I'm not letting you go anytime soon."

Yup. Spy is back. You rolled your eyes fondly and kissed him.

"I love you too Spy."
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"But seriously, have you ever considered how many people you can backstab at once?"

Dafuq did I just write? o_O eh...no regrets. :D