Chapter 23- "Why Do You Call Me Cage?"

Me: Soo...THIS BOOK IS NOT OVER!!!!

I WAS KIDDING!!!!

You: We know that, Captain Obvious.

Me: Hehe. Doesn't this happy news call for a vote.

You: Ha! Cat is out of the bag! I knew that you wanted a vote!

Me: Plsss

You: I'll see whether to vote.

Me: :(

+++

DEDICATED TO alicesingh31.

Chapter 23 - "Why Do You Call Me Cage?"

"Mmm...Did you know that you smell so good, Cage?" Seneca lets out a breathy sound, that's a cross between a moan and a groan. Her nose runs up and down my neck in a sensual path, and she suddenly nips at my skin, making me yelp.

"Y-Yeah? Good to know," I say, trying to stop myself from making any more embarrassing sounds.

We're currently sitting —no, cuddling on the living room couch. Seneca is sitting on my lap, with her arms around my neck, and mine around her delicate waist. And we've been...you can guess what we've been doing.

"Hey, Seneca?" I call, trying to get her attention.

"Yes, my love?" She breathes, but her attention seems to be riveted on my lips, because she didn't once look up at my eyes.

"My eyes are up here, you know." I comment, grinning in amusement.

Her eyes flicker up to mine for a second, before her gaze travels down once again. "I know."

I chuckle. "Why do you call me Cage?"

Her eyes widen in alarm, and she finally looks at me in the eyes fully. "That's...nothing." She stutters, averting her eyes quickly.

I place my hand on her chin, turning her face to me, "Please?" I ask, giving her my infamous 'puppy dog' look, that Le-freakin'-Nora, has told that 'no human or Wolf' can resist.

"Crap." She curses, sighing in frustration. "Fine!" She exclaims after a moment. "It's too cheesy! If you tease me 'bout it, I'll freaking kill you." She threatens, mock-glaring at me.

"Never." I swear and she takes a deep breath.

"Okay. Maybe I researched the origin of your name the day I met you. And maybe I came to know that in the olden days, Hebrews called the 'Micajahs' who lived in their time 'Cage' as a short name. And maybe I melted when I learnt that, because maybe my heart had already jumped at your name, and maybe I decided that you're my safe haven, my Cage." She says it all in one breath, and cringes when I look at her with raised brows.