Fear

I timidly made my way to towards the familiar statue in the Ministry of Magic. The tortured faces of the smashed muggles revealed purely, as I got closer. Fred was by my side, but yet I felt on my own. Watching closely my scared mind created an illusion and my eyes widened as I saw my own face on one of the sculptures that were smashed by the pure-blood wizards on top of the statue. Closing my eyes tightly and opening them quick, I realized that my nerves were getting the best of me at this point. My stomach wrenched in knots, and the chill in the air that was surrounding me in that unwelcoming place has made the act of shivering painful.
"It will all be alright." Fred took my hand in his and pulled it up to his lips. Frankly, I didn't believe in his words this time, I doubted that even he did.
   We took the corridor leading to hell, in my opinion. I instantly regretted for taking the corridor. There was no turning back now. My heart thumping like bass drums in a band, echoed in my ears. The terror I felt from opening the door seems to have brought on an instant nausea. I quickly reached for Fred's sleeve and stopped.
"Paige?" He looked as frightened, as me. "Come on, love." He wrapped a hand around my shoulder to help me walk and in front of the door stood Mr. Weasley.
"Mr. Weasley?" My weak voice cracked while calling out his name.
"Don't worry, Paige. Whatever happens stay true to who you are." With that he placed a hand on the doorknob and my legs stated trembling with the fear, I was battling not to show.
The door cracked open and I realized that the time has come.
"Oh, Miss Daniels. Lovely, seeing you again. Please, do sit." The pink toad chuckled in her famous way and pointed with her wand at the chair that was placed in the middle of the court room. Fred and Mr. Weasley sat on the benches behind me.
"Paige Daniels." Her voice turned into serious and cold one, hers and the other judges pierced me with their eyes.
"Yes." My shaking fingers started to tangle with one another.
"May you please show your wand and hand it over to me?" I silently did as she said and sat back on the chair.
"This is your wand?" She picked it up and showed it to me and the rest of the court.
"Yes."
"Will you please tell us from which wizard or witch you took that wand from?" My eyes slowly looked up from her only to face something I wished not to lay eyes upon- a dementor. They were guarding the court and I was sure they were threatening the people with Dementor's Kiss if they resisted.
"Miss Daniels?" Umbridge called out to return my attention to her.
"I didn't take it!" I said rather loudly, which caused her to smirk over my reaction. "I bought it from Diagon Ally. At Ollivander before I went to Hogwarts."
"What are you saying Miss Daniels?" She was playing with me like a cat playing with a mouse.
"The wand choose me."
"You're lying, Miss Daniels." My mouth opened up slowly to let a trembling breath. "Wands only choose wizards and witches. And you are NOT a witch."
"But I am!"
"Tell me your family tree then, Miss Daniels." I remained quiet. "Are your parents Muggle-born, Miss Daniels?"
"Yes..." I looked down at the ground realizing it was her plan to ask me that question.
"Then how can you be a witch?"
"Because I received a letter fro-..." But she cut me off with a laughing tone.
"From Hogwarts, and you think that makes you a witch?"
"Indeed it does!" An angry voice came from the door and we all turned our heads to see McGonagall standing there.
"I am sorry, but I am afraid no one, but her family members can defend her, McGonagall."
"I am well aware of that fact, Dolores." She called her by her name as if it was poisonous. "But I was her teacher and I can attend as a defender who has seen that this woman is a witch. And she was the brightest one of her age. I recall you actually were a teacher at Hogwarts as well, during her education period?" Her question turned all the attention to Umbridge.
"Never the less, she is Muggle-born. Reading books and learning from them, doesn't make her a witch."
"I doubt any of the people in this room knew every spell without reading and learning."
   And then a man called out for those who were in favor of removing the charges. A man who looked very familiar... the ice blue eyes and golden hair... William. He raised his hand in the air and others joined him... most of them for some reason. A reason I knew very well that William stood behind.
"You are free." Dologes was so furious that she smashed the gavel so loudly that it echoed in the hall.
I looked back to William who stared at me with sad and empty eyes. I gave him a thankful nod, before Fred came and led me outside this horrible place.
"Thank you, Professor." I happily called out to McGonagall and hugged her tightly, which shocked her at first, but she hugged back.
"Don't thank me. I will not allow anyone harm you or other of our students. It's what Professor Dumbledore would do."
She was right, Dumbledore saved Harry not so a long ago. And McGonagall was just as over protective, as him.
"Miss Daniels!" A familiar voice called from behind. Turning around I spotted William who stopped running when he reached us. "You forgot your wand." He said while handing it to me.
"Oh... Thank you, Mr. Dawson." With that he left the four of us in the corridor.
McGonagall left a minute after I got my wand back and then I turned my head to Mr.Weasley.
"Thank you, Mr.Weasley." I hugged him and pecked his cheek, knowing that he called Professor McGonagall for help.
"You are part of our family, and Weasleys' stick together." My cheeks turned red from what he said, but it made me happy. Happy to know that I wasn't alone and that there were people willing to fight for me. And what was most important they didn't torture me with questions about Harry, Ron and Hermione.