Chapter 62

In the living room of the luxurious hotel suite, Kundan Singh tentatively took another sip of the premium liquor in his glass and looked at Vikrant hopefully.

"I can help you hurt Prithvi. I really can. You don't need my master's help for it!" he insisted.

Vikrant gazed back at the unpleasant-looking old man apathetically. If Indrajit's servant had to slither up to the hotel room at this late hour to offer help to destroy Prithvi, he certainly must have some serious grouse against his master's step-brother. He himself, though, was having trouble figuring out which of Adityaraj's sons he wanted to murder at this moment

Indrajit had ignored his phone calls and meeting requests for weeks. Then he had decided to fly down personally, hoping that the gesture would not go waste. But Indrajit had refused to see him even for a second to discuss a cause he knew was dear to Indrajit's heart too

The utter destruction of Prithvi.

Prithvi...who had offended him twice. Firstly, by being born as Priyamvada's and Adityaraj's son. And then, by daring to thrash him in front of his wife and bodyguards only because he had laid claim to a photograph of Prithvi's sainted mother – Priyamvada.

Gorgeous, stubborn and bold Priyamvada. A woman with naughty eyes, a coy smile, husky laugh and tiny, fluttering hands.

Her family's fame and unlimited riches had been the main reasons why he had wooed her in the first place, as his own family had been on the verge of bankruptcy because of his gambling debts. But she had slowly cast a spell on him, until he had found himself counting the days to the wedding. And then, within a span of an evening, everything had been ruined.

"- and if you want to really harm Prithvi, you should target that girl!"

Vikrant came to the present with a start and realised Kundan Singh had been talking all this while and he hadn't heard a word.

"What girl? What are you talking about?" he demanded sharply.

Stifling a frustrated sigh, Kundan Singh repeated, "There is a girl in Prithvi's life. He cares a lot about her and can't stand to see anyone hurt her," he said sneeringly. "If you want to get back at him, kill her!"

With an abrupt change in mood, Vikrant looked at him astutely. "A girl. A girl he likes," he mused slowly, "How old is she?"

"Maybe 18-19."

"Good looking?" Vikrant asked with growing interest.

"Average," Kundan Singh said grudgingly.

Vikrant studied the golden liquid in his glass, mulling over the future course of action.

The girl's beauty didn't matter. She could be downright ugly for all he cared. The important thing was that Prithvi cared for her. His spirits rose at the thought that he was going to snatch away and ruin something close to Prithvi's heart, just like Adityaraj had….captured Priyamvada and destroyed his almost perfect life.