Chapter 20

We arrived at the club and immediately were hit with the urge to dance. I definitely see what all the hype is about. This DJ is good.
"Wow! He's amazing!" I yelled over the music.
"I know!" Morgan yelled back. "He's totally hot too."
I looked over at Calli who was dancing her heart out, not paying attention to the DJ at all.
"Cal!" I yelled. She turned toward me, grinning wildly. "The hot DJ is on the stage and you haven't even given him a second glance."
"Because the music is so good!" She screamed.
Morgan and I laughed.
We made our way to the bar. I loved this bar because of its architecture. The bar was up on a lifted platform that way people couldn't just stand all around the bar. If there isn't a barstool open, then it's uncomfortable to stand behind one while trying not to fall off the platform. There is also an upper level deck where people can see the stage better. This club was huge and I loved it.
"Three shots of tequila!" Morgan yelled to the bartender. He was hot but I had too much indecision swirling in my mind to notice.
Calli nudged me with her elbow. "He was staring at you," she whisper-yelled at me.
"Who?" I asked.
"The bartender!"
I laughed. "Yeah, right."
He came back with three shots of tequila. "It's on me," he said. His voice was husky and deep. I blushed and grabbed my shot.
"Here's to one hell of a night!" I yelled at the girls.
The tequila burned going down but I instantly felt lighter. My troubles started to melt away with every shot. I wasn't drunk but I was just tipsy enough that I didn't care about my guy issues. It was just me and my girls, having a good time.
Some time later, we were on the upper level dancing when Calli made a little squeal.
"Whoa! What?" I laughed.
"Okay, so I was dancing right? Well, I twirled and when I came back around to facing the stage, he was looking at me."
"Who?" Morgan asked.
"The DJ. He was looking right at me and smiling. I swear he was!"
"I think you're drunk," Morgan laughed.
"No I swear I'm not!"
I turned and looked at the stage and there he was, staring at Calli.
"Mo, she's not kidding! Look!"
Morgan turned around and squealed. "Oh my God! Calli he's staring at you!"
I turned again to give him a wave and he waved back. I pointed at Calli and he nodded, laughing. Then he pointed at backstage and nodded. I smiled and held up the 'okay' symbol.
"Well, ladies, I think we just got ourselves a backstage pass."
"What?" Calli yelled. "No, I can't go back there. I'm tipsy and it'll be a train wreck."
"Cal, calm down. You can do this. When will you ever get an opportunity like this again?"
"Never," she muttered.
"Exactly! Let's go!" Morgan yelled.
We headed downstairs and towards backstage.
"Alright, I'm gonna take a little break but I'll be right back. You guys just grab another drink and get ready," the DJ said to the crowd, walking off the stage.
"Hey, let those three ladies in!" He said to the bodyguard standing in front of us. His voice was deep and his skin was toned. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes.
"Hey," I greeted. "I'm Anna, this is Morgan, and this-" I gestured to Calli. "-is Calli."
"It's nice to meet you ladies. My name is Shane Bruno, as you know, DJ Bruno." He laughed.
I looked over at Calli. Her shoulders were slumped and her eyes were cast at the ground. She was nervous.
When I looked up, Shane was looking right at her.
"So, Bruno? That's an Italian name. Are you Italian?" Morgan asked, breaking the tense silence.
"Yes, actually I am."
Calli's eyes popped up to him. "Really?" She asked.
"She speaks," he smiled. "Yes, beautiful. I am Italian."
She blushed and looked away. "We should probably get going so you can finish your set," she said.
"Yeah, I probably should get back up there. But, will you be here when I get done?" His question was pointed directly toward her.
"Uhm, I don't know."
"Well, how can I get in touch with you?" He asked. I smiled.
"Why do you want to get in touch with me?" She asked.
"To take you out on a date. I would like to get to know you."
She blushed again. "Well, uh, I can give you my number."
"Okay," he smiled.
Morgan and I walked off while she gave him her number.
"Oh my God!" She yelled when he walked back on stage. "What just happened?"
"You were just asked on a date by one of the hottest men on the planet!" I yelled.
"Wow," she breathed.
"You're so lucky!" Morgan yelled.
I laughed. "I'm gonna go get some more shots."
I walked to the bar and tried avoiding the hot bartender but, sure enough, he found me.
"What can I get you?"
"Three more shots of tequila please." I slid my card across the bar but he slid it back.
"What's your name?" He smiled.
"Anna."
"Are you trying to avoid me, Anna?"
"Maybe," I laughed.
He laughed and grabbed the shot glasses and laid them in front of me before pouring tequila in them.
"Have a good night okay? But, be safe."
"Thanks, uhm-" I drawled, waiting for him to give me his name.
"My name is a secret sweetheart. You can't avoid me or else you won't get it."
I laughed. "Touché."
••••