Part Two: Chapter Twenty Seven

"What?" Did he really just ask me that? I tried to study his face to see if he was serious. He tilted his head, a small smile on his face.

"You heard me"

"Are you seriously asking me that?" He nodded his head.

"Why would you ask that?" I spoke again. Had he maybe heard me the other night? He walked away and sat down on the couch. I expected him to be mad or upset that I wasn't giving him a straight answer but he just turned to me with a soft smile.

"Never mind. Just checking something." 

I frowned. What?

"You're so annoying" I groaned, planting my bottom on the couch, "Have I ever told you that?"

"A million times"

"So, how many people are going to Henry's?"

He shrugged, "At least twenty. I think. I'm not sure, I didn't go to the gathering last year" I nodded my head.

"C-"

"You're going" He interrupted my request. I seriously didn't want me to go.

"That's not really fair" I whined.

"It is. You're my maid, you have to accompany me" That wasn't exactly how maids worked but okay. 

"Fine" I huffed, "But if at any point you leave me alone during the night, I'm giving you the silent treatment forever"  He nodded his head in agreement. 

"I thought you said I wasn't going as your maid?"

He looked over to me and seemed to study me. "You're not. I'm just pulling out the maid card to force you to go"

"Oh" I blinked. I would be lying if I said I wasn't relieved.

"I have to finish some work"

"Work?"

"Yes. Work. I need to sort the documents and sign some off" What? I didn't understand. I knew he worked alongside Henry which is where their rich asses got the money but I never really knew what they did.

"As long as it's not selling drugs"

He shook his head with a small laugh before leaving the room.

Drugs.

Josuée.

What did Xander say to him that day?

I wanted to find out or it wouldn't get off my mind and Xander wouldn't tell me. I left the room and shouted up to Xander, "I'm going out to get some shopping"

He appeared out of the stairs, a curious look on his face, "Do you need me to come?"

I rolled my eyes, "Xander. I'm going out to buy groceries, I think I can handle it" He gave me an unsure look but nodded his head.

"Do you want to take my car?"

"I'll be fine with the bus"

"Oh okay. Well don't be long" He disappeared from the stairs and I let out a breath. For a moment, I actually thought he was going to come with me.

I left the house quickly just in case he changed his mind. I waited for one minute to see if he would follow but when there was no sign I basically sprinted away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hopped down off the bus, adding a small thank you. The driver nodded his head and I hurriedly moved out of the way as other passengers began to board. I had received some strange looks from people, probably because of the outfit.

Josueé's house was only a five minute walk from here. I kind of regretted not bringing a jacket. It wasn't cold enough to make me shiver but the wind was a bit nippy. 

I needed to actually get something from the shop on the way back so it seemed believable. I told him I was going out for groceries so if I returned with nothing,no doubt he'd question me.

I smiled to myself, thinking of him.

He was an idiot. Pulling my hair, being mean to me.. all for my attention? Did he really like me back then? Did boys actually think that was the way to get a girls heart. 

That day I saw him in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure if Henry wasn't there I would have stabbed him with the butter knife. 

What if Xander never bought me...?

I never thought about that. Would I still be working for Henry? Probably. I couldn't imagine it like that now. Working for a family again, it would be weird. I was used to living with Xander now, that working as their maid would be different.

Xander didn't treat me like a maid half the time. Instead of ordering me around, he'd ask me. The only time he ordered me to do stuff was to annoy me. 

I hadn't realized I had almost arrived at Josueé's until I finally looked up. My brow furrowed when I saw a car parked outside his house. I knew he must have been back from wherever he went but that wasn't the type of car he drove.

I rolled my eyes, probably another girl. I stopped for a moment, debating whether I really wanted to do this. Confronting Josueé on my own, after quitting being his maid probably wasn't the best idea. 

But when did I not do stupid things?

I worked up the courage to finally walk forward, forcing myself toward his house. I slowed down to glance in at the car that was parked outside his house.

I froze.

I blinked.

My brain tried to process what I was seeing. What was I seeing? This wasn't what I thought I'd be seeing. 

LOOK AWAY IDIOT!

I couldn't. I was to shocked.

When I came over here, I had not expected to find Josueé in a car making out with someone. Okay if it was a girl, I would totally understand. But Gerard.... what? Gerard... and Josueé.. When the hell did this happen?

I thought Josueé was going to kill this dude until Xander saved him. Wait. Wait. My brain slowly put two and two together.

That's why he changed.

That's why he didn't force himself on me. He didn't do anything more than tease me... because he had a thing with Ger.

He must have made him quit because he thought it would be obvious. 

He was... gay?