Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The main problem with living in a fraternity – besides the mess and the horny boys – was the lack of real food or drink. All they really had was beer and pizza takeaway menus. Which, I imagined in a house of ten boys, was all they really needed to get by.

However, I settled for ordering a pizza and then promised to go food shopping in the morning – but would keep that food in my room, because if I put in the bacteria riddled fridge then it would all disappear within a few minutes.

Once the pizza was ordered, I had a look around the house. The lounge was large with a TV mounted on the wall, above a black fire place, and a large mahogany table in the centre. I imagined it would be nice if it weren't littered with red solo cups, empty cans, and discarded pizza boxes.

I then wondered into the dining room, to find a large wooden table with chairs. It stood underneath a large crystal chandelier – which had a neon pink bra handing off it. "I think that belonged to my date yesterday" a voice chimed from behind me.

"Classy I'm sure" I smirked, turning to face my brother. I couldn't help but smile at him, I really had missed him. I was close to both my brothers, and living without them for the previous three years had been hard on both me and my father.

Sure I saw them at the major holidays, and Deminick visited when he didn't have a case or a girlfriend. But I had missed actually living with them, and just idly spending time with them. "I always date classy girls" Selson chuckled.

"Dating? Is that what you're calling one night stands now?"

"Funny. I'll have you know I recently got out of a long term relationship".

"Oh really? How long term?"

"About a week". He gave me a bright, charming, smile as I just laughed at him. "Come on, Alory Bear, let me introduce you to everyone". He threw his arm over my shoulders, and I leant into him, as he led me out the room.

At the bottom of the stairs, there was a large golden gong with the Beta Beta symbol on it. Selson made his hand into a fist, and pounded the gong. The metallic ring sounded around the large room, followed by the sound of thumping feet.

Selson led me through the dining room, and into a room I hadn't managed to explore before. It looked like another lounge, with a plush red couch in the back and picture of the fraternity generations all over the walls. It was the only room untouched by the party – it must get locked when events take place.

There were small black swivel seats all around the room, and two white chairs. Selson led me over to one of the white seats, and sat me down. He stood behind me, hands of my shoulders. I stayed quiet, as the ten members of Beta Beta entered.

Corey was the last one through the door, shutting it behind him, before taking a seat on the other white chairs. I then realised that the white seats were for the leaders. Selson was in charge, and Corey was his second in command, so to speak.

"Right everyone, this is my baby sister, Alora. You all know the rules about sleeping with a brother's family, and that goes for Alora. She will be staying with us for the next month, and you better show her the respect she deserves or you'll have me to answer to".

"And me" Corey smiled, his large muscled arms crossing over his larger chest.

"For the next month Alora will be part of the brotherhood, I expect everyone to watch her back just as she will watch ours. She'll be staying in Jude's room, and Jude will be staying with Corey. So, for the next month, if I find anyone in Jude's room I will assume you are trying to put the moves on my baby sister, and I will beat the shit out of you".