Chapter Eleven

Jordan's POV

I felt the sweat race down my face from my forehead. I didn't know what was worse, being stuck in the lift with her or being stuck in a lift. I always hated lifts, that's why I take the stairs on my way up to the office but today I was running late so I decided to take the lift and now look what’s happened. I once got stuck in one when I was little for hours and I almost had a heart attack and since that day, I never went inside another one again. I never admitted that I was scared, I mean petrified of lifts to anyone or I'd be a laughing stock.

"This can't be happening." Groaned Abbey. "I think I'm going to be crazy!" I heard her say to herself.

Crazy? She's already is crazy, crazy in the head.  I started to laugh as she started to say other things to herself like 'this is all his fault' or 'this guy smells.' I started to sniff my self and I honestly don't think I smell. She even had smelling issues. Girls can so stupid at times. What am I saying? They're always like that. They never think about anything but themselves and there stupid nails and their ugly hair.
The lights started flashing and it made freak out even more. I wish I took the stairs. Without even noticing, I started to bite my nails and sweat more than ever. My heart pounded like the first time I got trapped in a lift. I felt like I was going to melt and I really wanted to puke. The feeling was coming back and I thought I was going to pass out any second now.

***

"Jordan!" I heard my name echo. "Jordan, are you dead?" The same voice asked.

I opened one of my eyes and I saw Abbey, knelt down on the floor, slapping my face. It was dark and spooky. I opened the other eye and Abbey sighed with relief but she was still slapping my cheeks. I sat up and moved back away from her. I rubbed my eyes and tried to remember what just happened.

"You're alive." She said like she was disappointed.

She muttered something under her breath but I didn't hear it. I stood up, trying to catch my balance. Abbey of course didn't bother to help me up, she was too busy talking to herself.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out." She said, trying to get some signals on her mobile. "I never thought you would be afraid of lifts." I could see her laughing.

"I'm not afraid of lifts!" I lied and crossed my arms and turned around so that my back was facing her face. "You're the one who's scared of..." I thought hard but there was nothing that she was scared of. "You...have a big nose!" I said out random.

I turned my head around a bit to see Abbey and she was covering her nose and she turned around and crossed her arms too. Now we were both back to back.

"I do not have a big nose!" She yelled at me. "Do I?"

"You know, you should get a nose job." I said, trying to make her angry.

"Shut up!" She snapped at me. "You should lose some weight."

"You shut up!" I snapped back at her. Was I really fat? "Look at yourself, you look like a beast."

We both turned to face each other and she was now she had her hands on my throat, strangling me and I was strangling her. She shook my head by pulling my neck back and forth and I just mirrored everything she did. At the end, we were both holding our own necks, softly, trying to breathe, on the floor in each corner. I forgot that I was trapped in the lift with all the chaos around me so that stopped me worrying.
We were both just about to get up but we tumbled back down when the lift started to move. It was going up and the lights turned back on. I was thrilled. I glanced at Abbey and saw her smiling too, which meant she was happy as well.
The door finally opened and I jumped out like a little kid, jumping over puddles. Abbey looked at me like I was a weirdo and now she was going to know that I'm not as tough as I seem. Damn it!