Chapter 14

^^Lucas^^

Author's note: I am dedicating this chapter to all of the readers who had hit that like/vote button and to those who has given me such nice encouraging words about my story so far. I greatly appreciate each and everyone of you.
**********************************

Once we arrived at the hotel room that Saturday night, I gave the boy my bed and slept on the pull out couch in the common area of the hotel room. Once he gotten more comfortable, he told us that his name was Lucas. I still got nauseated when I remember all the horrors of what he has been through. Horrors that no adult let alone a child should have to go through.

I am not perfect and I am a monster this I know but I would NEVER touch a child. That is the lowest of the fucking low. Santos already signed his death warrant when he went after my family. Now that death warrant has been certified and sealed by his actions against the boy. How can I even begin to fix him? How can erase all of the bad and replace it with good? Can someone that has been tainted in such a way can ever be fixed? Is there even such a thing as being fixed? Perhaps not.

When I made sure he was settled into bed that night I broke down and called up Jason's mom, Ms. Cheryl. I cried again like a fucking baby. Ms. Cheryl was my rock growing up, I actually met her before I met Jason. She worked as a maid for my uncle for years. She knew all of my deepest darkest secrets that even Jason still didn't know of. At first she was fucking pissed that I called her at three in the morning but when she heard me cry, she soothed me with her gentle southern twang.

I wanted to call Eve and tell her about the boy but the way things were between us right now, I just know it would end up in a fight. And the way I was feeling at that moment, I wasn't in the fucking mood for that shit.

Ms. Cheryl assured to me that what I did was right. She also told be that I needed to get the boy professional help.  As soon as he is settled. I hate fucking psychiatrist with a passion but I knew with how fucked up this boy's life was that he needed professional help. Love and affection just won't be enough. I spoke on the phone with her for an hour and hung up feeling a lot lighter then before.

"Yo Alex you straight?" Jason called out next to me as we were leaving the Apple Store. I shook my head and smiled. "Yeah, I am good." Turning, I look down at Lucas who was holding my hand. "You like your new iPad buddy?"

"Yup!" Is his only reply. He was too busy staring at his Apple iPad box with awe. I laugh and shake my head. We woke up early this morning, to get little Luc some essentials. We had quickly hit up a few boutiques for clothes and the barber shop. His blonde hair was way too long and in serious need for a cut. I breathed out a sigh of relief as we left Apple.

I hate shopping, I always hold it off to the last minute but I knew that the boy needed somethings and that it couldn't be put off. We went to Apple to get him an iPad for fun and I also purchased him a space gray iPhone 6s for safety. I need to be able to keep in contact with him at all times. Also there was a tracking device that I will be have to install in both devices in order to know where he was at all times.

Jason laughed out, "Bro you already spoiling the boy."

"So says the guy who purchased the same child several Jordan's and a whole new game system with beats headphones." I tease back.

Jason laughed and nudged Lucas who smiled up at him. "Little man already know whos his favorite."

"Whatever" I grumble out annoyed.

We entered into the limo waiting on us.
"Thanks again Mr. Alex and Mr. Jason!" Lucas said once we were all settled inside. "No worries little man! And don't call us Mr. It's okay to use just our first names." He nodded and stared at his iPad box.