Chapter 19

Toast has never tasted so good before. I was up so late last night with Martin, practicing my abilities. Sam and Noah never showed up, instead they call Riley to help them with something, they won't tell me what though. Fuckers.

Speak of the devil.

Noah, Sam, and Riley strut into the kitchen, laughing and pushing each other. I frown, I can't help but feel jealous, he's never like that with me. As if to twist the knife, his eyes set on me and his face falls immediately. Woah. I quickly advert my eyes, standing up I take my dish to the sink, hopeful to dodge him and maybe salvage his fun.

No such luck.

My hands circle the scrub brush quickly on my plate, but his arms come into view on either side of me, locking me against the counter. I feel oddly exhausted, ready to cry even. Why can't he just let me be, Sam and Noah also dropped their good moods and now stand watching us silently. Finishing up with my dishes I set them on the drying mat, stiffening when I feel a nose against the back of my head, sniffing my hair. I shove his thick arm and make a run for it, getting only to the fridge before I'm grabbed and slammed rather aggressively against it. Noah and Sam making a run for it barely gets noticed as I look up at a frowning Riley. Damn it, that's not what I wanted.

"Why are you sad?" He sniffs my neck.

"I'm not, I just want to go watch a movie." I push at him a little.

He looks down at me curiously. "Well then, we can watch a movie together." His eyebrows twitch suggestively.

"Actually, I really want to be alone for a bit." I say awkwardly.

And I want you to go have fun with your friends and let loose.

"I can tell something's up. Talk to me, Em."

"What's up is that I want to be alone. Go hang out with Noah and Sam." I spit her name, and immediately everything makes sense.

Lesbian or not, she touched my man, and I was still pissed. Hmm, maybe not me so much as my wolf, I note as my chest rumbles with soft growls.

Riley's eyes widen. "Are you kidding?"

I shove him a little harder, this time he lets me and he steps back crossing his arms. My wolf is about seventy percent in control right now I'd say.

"I'm not kidding. I really want you to go hang out with them." I sniff and cross my arms trying to salvage what my wolf started.

"Sam? You're still hung up on Sam? My Head of Combat, the lesbian Sam." He speaks in disbelief.

"How would you like it if I went and made out with a gay guy in front of you? Lead you on and then did it again? Hmm?" The jar has been opened, no going back now.

"It was for my pack! We were undercover!" He speaks slower, as if I'm dumb.

"You were undercover! So what! Jesus, you don't even get it! I love you, okay?! Sadly I have these memories of you all over a girl who I have to see almost every day! Do you get it now?!"

His face turns down slightly, and I see it in his eyes that he understands. My eyebrows high five the sky when his face lights up.

"I love you too."

Bastard. He's just trying to end the conversation.

"I'm serious Riley. Go relax. Whatever that means. Go be alone, or go bond with some of your friends. I'm tired of seeing you miserable around me. Go." I keep my face straight, staring at the wall right behind him, trying not to cry.