CHAPTER 15

|••• Violet's POV •••|

      I have never seen a palace before and I assume you haven't too. But seems like my long lost wish has come true.

Have you ever wished that suddenly your dad one day comes up to you revealing the fact that you're super rich and he hid this because he wanted you to be humble or maybe you invent some fertilizers to grow a money plant?

No?

Well then, it's just me and my crazy ideas.

I know its quite juvenile of me here but then being rich without any effort is everyone's fantasy. No pain yet gain has become the new cool of the time.

Here, I am standing in front of a palace which happens to be resembling the idea of my dream home.

I make my way up to the front porch after turning around the beautiful fountain near the entrance and it turns out to be the shiniest platform I have walked on. I am pretty sure that even my wedding aisle wouldn't be this bright and expensive. The whole palace is surrounded with gardens blooming with attractive flowers.

Extremely aware of my shabby appearance as I chose the oldest pair of sweatpants and a plain tank top for this uncalled breakfast preparation, I press the doorbell.
Soon enough, the door opens and I come face-to-face with a lady in her late thirties with a very formal smile on her face. She has an apron tied around her waist and her face looks at me in anticipation of my identity.

"Hello, I am Violet Taylor. I am here to see Sam." I say in a formal tone. 

She smiles weakly at it and gestures me to come in to which I hesitantly enter.The inside of the house is just as breathtaking as the outside. From a stunning ceiling, chandeliers hang low as if trying to be noticed and appreciated of their immensely beautiful designs.

We enter the drawing room and meaning no hyperbole, if the furniture is removed then it will be as big as a tennis court.

"Please make yourself comfortable. I will call him." She says and disappears somewhere. 

Doesn't she get lost or something?

I am fidgeting with my hair to kill time while taking note of every aspect of this place which screams money.

Irritated by the fussy behavior of my hair, I tuck them in a bun with few strands covering my forehead.

"Morning Taylor." I hear Sam's voice and I look up to meet his gaze.

What is good about this morning?  

I refrain from greeting him back.

"Oh before I forget, she is my mother." He says with evident appreciation in his tone.

"Hello, Mrs Ryder. It's nice to meet you." I say.

"Oh call me Amelia. It's nice to meet you too." She gives me a warm smile.

" No intention of sounding rude but is there a specific reason you are at this hour?" She asks politely.

"Well..." I say, trailing off.

"Yes, she is gonna help me with some school stuffs and then cook me breakfast. Right?" Sam looks at me.

"Uh yes right." I nod vehemently.

"Prepare you breakfast?" Her mom gives us a puzzled look.

"Well we had this bet. The loser prepares a breakfast for the winner so yeah." Sam effortlessly lies.

"Oh this is weird." She throws a suspicious look our way.

"He is right, Amelia. I lost a bet so here I am. Sorry to disrupt--" I say but she cuts me off.