Chapter 9

Ashton walked towards one of the jet-skis that floated in its own little parking spot. A rope tied it to a post hooked on to the rim of it, keeping it from floating away with the tide. The water was a beautiful light, Caribbean blue which was miraculously different to the watter in the east coast. The color of that water was a dark, mysterious blue, sometimes looking almost black. Mini waves rolled underneath the jet-ski, bobbing it in a slow and steady pattern.

"Do you know how to ride? Or is there like an instructor to teach us?" I hoped he would say there would be an instructor because I've never actually been in the ocean, let alone the beach itself.

"These are my skis," he flashed me a kiddish grin, that only boys smile for things like this. These were clearly his babies. "Do you know how to ride?" I shook my head and that only made his smile bigger. "Well this is going to be more fun than I thought," he chuckled and reached for the hem of his tank-top. He tugged it off, pulling it over his head revealing his smooth tan chest.

For some reason I thought only his arms would be fit and toned since he was a drummer but God, could I ever be more wrong. He wasn't awkwardly skinny nor too muscular but he definitely had a visible ab-pack going on and lightly toned pecks on his chest. As he turned his back to me, I got to analyze his back as well which was beautiful as for it appeared to be as if it was sculpted and defined by God himself. To me, he was absolutely perfect so far; personality wise and visually.

"Are you all right? You look completely spaced out," he asked turning back towards me from the horizon. Shit, he caught me looking at him again.

"Yeah, yeah," I laughed semi-awkwardly, fumbling with my fingers yet again. "I'm just looking at the horizon," I said. Oh god, please buy it.

"Yeah, it's a beautiful view out here," he said, taking a look of his own. "But I'm sure that's what you were looking at." he winked, his signature smirk following it. I rolled my eyes and smiled. 

He knelt down and unhooked the ski from its little dock, allowing it to slowly float out into the spacious sea. Since I had never been in a pool before, let alone an ocean, I was pretty terrified to put even just my toe in it. My parents were always so busy we never had the time to go swimming or take a day off to the beach for a little vacation.

The closest I'd ever gotten to being in water was a shower and rain so as much as this idea seemed fun, I was scared of all the possibilities that could occur. Sharks, riptides, a tsunami and knowing there's miles upon miles of water until you reach the bottom didn't help; if I did get pulled from something and no one would possibly ever find my body terrified me. I don't even know but I didn't want to mention anything because it was clear he'd put a lot of thought into it and was excited to show me his precious toy.

He reached inside a bin and pulled out a life jacket that was a bright blue with yellow on the sides and approached me with it.

"You know you're gonna have to take off your clothes for this right?" he said with a grin.

"Yeah, I know." Oh god.

"Okay, well c'mon. We're going for a ride right now. I prepped everything before I picked you up," he informed. I bit my lip as he said this. Was I supposed to just strip off my clothes here in the open in front of him? Oh god, I could feel myself blushing just at the thought but thank god it was hot and it just looked like my body was reacting to the radiating heat. "You're not shy are you?" He looked concerned at me like he did when we were at the picnic last night where I cried. 

I shrugged and looked down at my feet. No one had ever seen me in a bathing suit and having him be the first  one had me feeling self-conscious of what he would think.