Chapter Fourteen

I'm baaaaaaaack! I'm slowly getting my life together!
_____________________________________

Keon Wyatt

You truly have no idea how annoying it is to walk up to someone who grinds the hell out of your gears, until it actually happens to you. There is no 'Oh I can imagine'. This meeting with Daniel was going to have me on pins and needles. Not from being antsy and nervous but from being annoyed and hoping that it would end quick. I personally don't give a fuck what this man has to say, but he's going to tell me whatever it is anyway. Torrence was with me, stealing glances my way with a smirk on his face. At least someone was amused by my annoyed state. Me? I don't see shit funny.

"What you think he gonna say?"

"Some bullshit. But if he's not up for giving me answers about Naiya, we out."

"You got it boss,"

Torrence and I showed up at my dad's office building and went straight to Daniel's office door. Before I could knock, he was opening the door with this goofy ass grin on his face. Torrence and I walked in and sure enough that cop from last night was in here sitting in front of this fool's desk.

"Ain't even started talking yet and you already getting on my nerves."

He put on this fake sad face, "Aw well I mean we can always forget about this talk and just-"

"Just say what you need to say, so I can say what I need to say."

He took a seat behind his desk and sighed rather dramatically. "Even with the black clothes, the cameras could pick up you and Naiya breaking into your dad's office."

"Technically it's breaking in if you don't have a key...which I did so-"

"But your father doesn't know you were there."

"So. I sneak into his office all the time."

"But why last night?"

"I don't think that's any of your concern."

"Well I'm his assistant so it actually is my concern."

"Okay then, he left his results from the clinic to see if he has the clap. I was going back to pick them up."

Out the corner of my eye, I could feel Torrence give me a side eye. I was the master of lying and keeping a straight face. Daniel made a face as expected, looking as if he smelled something nasty. Or heard something nasty rather. I honestly thought the lie could have been more believable but Daniel looked like he believed what I said which only told me that my sperm donor is truly a dog.

"Alphonse would've told me-"

"You think so? If you know then all of Atlanta knows let's be honest here." Daniel looked at me for a few minutes before standing to his feet. "Is there anything else or can I leave now? I gotta pick up Naiya from school."

A smile spread across his face. "Naiya huh?"

"That's what I said."

"I must say, I'm looking forward to your wedding. Kiara went to college with your planner and saw all the details."

"Well I wouldn't look forward to it if I were you. You're not invited."

"I'll just ask your father about that."

"Yeah and I'll ask him how he feels about you fucking his daughter in his office building."

He shrugged, "He already knows. But I bet if I told him that you broke into his office he wouldn't be too happy."