Chapter 9

I was laying on the bed reading, it had been hours since my mate had left. My cat was being all pouty about it and I was just bored out of my mind. Reading isn't the best way to cure that boredom.

So I just sat there. I let my mind drift and was visited by a old memory. The day my mother died.

.  .  .

The icy wind struck me before anything else did. I was on top of my mother's snow leopard back, gripping into her fur as she ran. I was laughing and screaming, loudly. My mother put me down and went to shift.

When she returned she was wearing a white top with a blue shirt and she had her red curly hair up in a pony tail. In her hand she had a picnic basket.

She spread out the checkered picnic blanket and placed the basket on the ground. She got out the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and gave one to me. I took it hungrily.

"How's my sweet today?" She asked with a smile.

"Good!" I said, between bites of my sandwich.

She smiled and started to eat her sandwich.

Soon we finished our meals and were just sitting there, enjoying the outdoors. It was a lovely day. It was much too lovely for what happened next.

*  *  *

It was almost time to return home when there was a rustle in the brush. A wolf appeared. He looked at me then my mother. He growled at her and then she bent down and whispered to me,

"Stay here child. I'll be back shortly."

I nodded and watched her go to the wolf then they walked off together. I waited for what seemed like a eternity. I watched the sun and the clouds. I sat there until it felt like my mother had forgotten me. Then I heard a earsplitting scream. I ran towards it and found my mother.

She was laying on the ground, her clothes in shreds, and her breath coming out in faint gasps. She was scratched along her waist, and legs. She also had bite marks along her arms and neck. There was lots, and lots of blood. She barely managed to whisper it, but I heard my mother's final word as it escaped her lips.

"Run."

Then she breathed no more. I felt a cold and raw fear, then anger. It started to consume me. Then I remembered what my mother had said. I started to run. Fast. I then felt them chasing me all around me. I felt fear again.

That's when it happened. I felt a pain. It wasn't like a 'I stubbed my toe pain,' it was an absolute pain. It felt like a thousand needles were poking through my skin. I felt pain to my bones. I felt a nasty pain in my ears and let out a cry. This all happened in two seconds.

I stopped running and I noticed I was on all fours, had long whiskers and claws. I was covered in white spotted fur. I had found my cat. I looked over myself and I realized I looked quite similar to my mother. Except instead of her gray eyes, I had green ones.

I started to run again and I was shocked at how fast I could go. I felt free! I couldn't wait to show my mother... Oh ya. With the pain I had forgotten that she was dead. I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I ran. I continued to cry until I found what looked kind of like a cave, and fell asleep.

.  .  .

I was awoken from my thoughts by a knock on my door. Jackson poked his head threw the door. He looked at my then cautiously entered. He cleared his throat then spoke.

"Alpha Justin want you to bring your stuff and come."

"Okay" I said, then I quickly grabbed my backpack and followed him out the door, and into the great unknown.

==================================================
AN:
Okay so I want to say thank you to everyone who is reading this, and such. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter. Goodbye for now!

Oh ya, I'm sorry this chapter is a little short!