Chapter 1

Savannah's POV

"I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier!" I sing along with Sia.

My long blonde hair was being straightened as I dance around my bathroom. Today was the monthly adoption day and for some reason I'm really happy. I'm guessing because Lana released a tweet on Twitter saying that her and Sean were a couple and were looking to adopt a child. I know what you might say, 'Oh Savannah don't get your hopes up, Lana and Sean might not even come today. They might choose another adoption home' but something about this feels different.

After I was finished straightening my hair, I change into grey skinny jeans, a black and white flannel and a black scarf. I exit the bathroom that was attached to my room and slip on my black combat boots. I walk over to my closet and grab my black leather jacket. I put it on and grab my Once Upon A Time travel cup and make my way downstairs.

I walk into the cafeteria and see everyone sitting with their friends. Just like high school, we have cliques. I'm not in any of them and frankly I don't mind. I don't like to label myself; I'm just Savannah Collins, the girl who has 'nerdy' glasses and keeps her head in school books. I have a couple of career choices: I really want to get into Harvard, but the way my grades are looking so far isn't guaranteeing me a spot. I also really want to be an actress, thanks to Once Upon A Time; I've never been in anything that could qualify me though, not even school plays. One of the things that I might actually be able to pursue is becoming a musician, whether it's an orchestra or a rock band. I can play the flute, piccolo and a little bit of guitar and keyboard. Since no one around here is willing to help me, I have to teach myself which is going okay so far. I was told I could sing but I honestly don't think I can.

I make my way over to the hot beverages station and pour hot chocolate into my Evil Queen travel mug. I put the lid back on my cup and head over to the waffle bar. I put one chocolate chip waffle and a blueberry one on my plate. What can I say, I like a little of both? I grab a fork and make my way over to my table. It was dubbed my table my second day at this fine establishment seven years ago. The first day I sat with the "populars" and they decided they wanted nothing to do with me. I went around to every table and none of them wanted me either. Monkey see, monkey do I guess.

I sat down and placed my plate and cup on the table. I pull out my phone and earbuds and turn on You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison by My Chemical Romance. Gerard's voice filled my ears as i began to eat my food. I look at the time on my phone and 10:23 am was written in bold white letters across my lock screen, which was a picture of Chris Motionless from the band Motionless In White. After I finished eating, I threw my tray away and exited the cafeteria with Carousel by Melanie Martinez playing through my earbuds.

I walk into the main lobby and I nearly drop my cup when I see who's standing in the front office. Lana Parrilla and Sean Maguire. I was completely frozen. My eyes were wide and my mouth was slightly open. I knew there was a slight chance of them coming today, but these people are my idols. Them being in the same building as me makes me feel all happy and giddy inside. In the process of me standing there in shock, a flood of kids from the ages of 13-16 came pouring into the main lobby.

I took my seat on the stairs, considering all of the chairs were taken. I was the only one sitting on the stairs. Seems about right. The flock of adults came into the main lobby and my heart felt like it was gonna fly out of my chest. I stared down at my feet, trying not to make any eye contact. Yes Lana and Sean were here, but I don't like the attention. Suddenly, I see both of them making their way over to me out of the corner of my eye. I lock my phone and pull down the sleeves of my leather jacket as much as I could.

"Hello dear! We couldn't help but notice your cup!" I hear Lana say.

I look up and I nearly die. They are standing right in front of me, making conversation with me.

"Haha yeah. I'm a huge fan of your show!" I say.

"That's great! What's your name?" Sean asked.

"Savannah Collins." I say with a smile.

"That's a nice name!" He said.

"Thank you!" I reply.

"So other than Once, what other shows do you watch?" Lana asks as her and Sean sat next to me; Lana to my right and Sean to my left.

"I watch Gilmore Girls, Raising Hope, Supernatural, Project Runway, Dance Moms, Kim of Queens. The list goes on." I say.

Lana and Sean look at each other and nod their heads.

"Hey Savannah, how would you feel if we adopted you?" Sean asks.

"Oh my god that would be epic!" I say with a huge smile on my face.

"Great! I'll go sign the papers and Lana can go help you pack!" Sean said smiling.

"Okay! C'mon Lana!" I say grabbing her arm and pulling her upstairs.

We walk down the long hallway and we finally make it to my room. Before we enter, I began to speak.

"I am going to apologize in advance for the amount of posters I have in my room. I am a huge fan of your show." I say putting emphasis on the word 'huge'.

"I'ts perfectly fine. I would be the same if the situation was swapped." Lana said with a laugh.

I open my door to reveal my bat cave, at least that's what I call it. Lana looks at my room in amazement.

"Woah." She said.

"I know. This took me about two years to collect and set up." I say with a laugh.

"Hopefully it won't take us about two years to get it all down." Lana said.

*30 Minutes Later*

I shoved the last bit of clothes into my suitcase and I tried to zip it up, but I failed terribly. Lana and i had to sit on it to get it closed. Once it was all zipped up, Lana and I high five.

"Victory!" We yell in unison.

"You guys done yet?" Sean asked us while he was leaning against the door frame.

"Yup but we'll need some help." I say picking up my guitar case.

Sean had my keyboard bag and one of the three bookbags I had. I was carrying my guitar case with my school bookbag and my flute case. Lana had my suitcase and my Harry Potter bookbag. I close my door and sigh. Even though I hate this place, I'm sure as hell going to miss it.

"Farewell my bat cave." I say.

"The 'bat cave'?" Sean says chuckling.

"Yes sir indeed."

Both Lana and Sean laugh and we exit the building. We load my things into the car and before I could hop in, I decide I have to do one last thing.

"Hey guys I have to do one last thing." I said.

They both nod and I run back into the adoption center. All of the adults were gone and only a handful of kids were left. I get up onto the podium and turn on the microphone.

"I am aware that I am an asshole, I really don't care about all of that though. I'm gonna live my life the way that I want to and you can't deny that honestly, I'm just like all of you!" I yell flipping all of them off.

"SAVANNAH!" I hear Ms. Harrison, the foster mother scream.

"Gotta blast!" I yell running away.

I run through the door and I see Lana and Sean laughing hysterically. We hop in the car and speed off.

"I've been wanting to do that for like seven years." I say with a laugh.

"I can tell." Lana said with a laugh.

"Hey Sav, do you like Rob Zombie?" Sean asked.

"Of course!" I say.

Sean plugs his phone up to the car and Dragula began to blast throughout the car. I could get used to this.