Chapter Ten

Hey guys! This just hit 2k reads and I'm literally over the moon excited. I want to say thank you, yet again, for reading, voting, and commenting. It always makes my day so much better so see that you guys like it. 

On another note, I just uploaded an original story, so if you'd like to check that out, it's on my profile and titled, "Not Another Normal". Just feel free to check out my profile in general ;)

Also, I've added a playlist at the very beginning, so check that out for sure! I mean, I think I have good music taste?

Anyways, here's what you really came for.

Chapter Ten

Ben, Rey and Finn were haphazardly blocking all the blasts fired at them. "We can't do this much longer," Finn said, shooting his blaster and hitting a few of them.

"You're right," Ben agreed, deflecting a shot back at the shooter. He went down. "The Resistance will be here soon. We just have to hold off 'til then."

"I don't know if we can," Rey grunted taking a few steps back. "We're really outnumbered. Finn, when are they going to be here?"

Finn shot off another few. "They said as soon as possible," he replied. "We're only 3 parsecs away from the base."

"That's too far," Ben cried out. "We won't make it."

"Into the shack," Finn demanded quietly. "We can hide behind the doors until they get here."

"On three," Rey ordered, still blocking off shots. "One, Two, Three." They all sprinted into the shack and down the stairs. The Stormtroops caught on immediately and chased after them.

"Hurry!" Finn yelled, almost falling down the stairs.

"What do you think we're doing?" Ben shouted.

"I was talking to myself," Finn muttered.

It seemed to happen in slow motion. A Stormtrooper raised his blaster to knock Finn down. Rey was the farthest ahead, about 7-8 stairs down from him. "No!" she yelled. Using all the strength she could muster, she concentrated on the Stormtrooper and sent him flying off the stairwell.

"Go!" She shouted at the boys as she sliced through Stormtrooper after Stormtrooper.

"I'm not leaving you," Ben demanded, stopping on the steps.

Finn grabbed his arm. "C'mon, buddy," He hurried. "She can take care of herself." They both rushed down into the room. Rey was still on the steps.

"Rey!" Finn called. Rey kept going down steps. There were hundreds of Stormtroopers on the planet; Ben knew that. There was no way she could take on them all.

"Close the door!" She shouted. "Now!"

"Rey, just come in!" Finn shouted back. "There's too many!"

"Shut the door," Rey spoke defiantly. "Now, Finn."

He complied. As it was closing, Rey said one last thing. "I love you both." Then, the doors were shut.

"What are you doing?" Ben hissed, heading for the controls. "She's going to get hurt out there!"

Finn stepped in front of him. "She's going to get through," he assured. "She always does." Still, he was uncertain. If Rey got hurt out there, it would be all his fault.

They sat in silence for about ten minutes when they heard it- loud blasts coming from outside. The Resistance. Finn gave a loud whoop and began to open the door, but Ben stopped him.

"Do you think she's okay?" He asked nervously. He didn't know what he'd do if she were hurt- or worse.

Finn looked down at his feet. "I'm sure she's fine," He said, though, he was reassuring himself more than he was trying to reassure Ben.