Chapter 61

hello it's me

-

"I just wanted to bring you all out here to show you something that it seems you all need to learn." I told the Alexandrian residents who were standing in front of me.

"This," I declared, putting my hand on the gate, "is how you shut a gate!" I exclaimed, sarcastically as I slammed the gate shut.

"Oh my gosh, and this is how you lock it!" I yelled, instructing how to lock it.

"Sam, you need to calm down." Tara mumbled.

"I'm extremely calm!" I snapped, walking towards the house.

"How is he doing?" I asked Michonne as I walked into the house.

"He's sleeping, and in a lot of pain." She answered.

"So the medicine didn't work, did it?" I inquired.

"I don't know. His temperature hasn't went above 100.3 yet." She replied.

I sighed, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"You need to clean those scratches." Michonne stated.

"They're fine." I replied, looking at my right arm which had three scratches from walkers on it.

"Fine? Sam, they're as red as that wall and stuff is oozing out of it." Michonne hissed.

"I'll clean them," I mumbled.

-

I sat down on the edge of the bed beside Rick, his eyes opening.

"That medicine didn't work, did it?" He asked, defeat laced in his voice.

"Your fever is still at 100.3. I t-think its just slowing down the process of, um, yeah.." Denise replied, checking his temperature.

"What do you mean? You said it would work!" I snapped, standing up with Rick's hand still in mine.

"I k-know I did, and it still might." She replied.

"So you really don't know shit?" I fired back.

She slowly nodded before leaving the room.

I sat down beside Rick again, his hand gently squeezing mine.

"What the hell happened to your arm?" He asked, about to touch my arm before I stopped him.

"Walker scratches. Denise says I'm going to be fine, but it hurts like a bitch." I replied.

"I need you to do something for me." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know if I have time left or if I do, but I need you to take care of Carl and Judith. You already do, but you're all they got left besides the rest of them." He replied.

"If I hadn't have been so stupid this wouldn't have happened." I mumbled.

"You didn't do anything." Rick replied, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I distracted you. If I had paid attention, you wouldn't have took that second to yell my name so I wouldn't get bit." I replied.

"That shit don't matter. I'd do that any fücking day of the week if that meant you're okay." He replied.

I tried to be strong for Rick, Carl, and Judith but all I wanted to do was cry.

I inhaled a shaky breath before bringing my eyes back up to his.

"Everything is gonna be okay." He stated.

"Debby Downer finally being positive?" I joked.

He cracked a smile before squeezing my hand again.

-

"How are ya feelin'?" Maggie asked, sitting down beside me on the porch steps.

"Like shit." I answered honestly.

"Your arm is looking better." She stated.

"Any news on him?" I asked.

"I know you don't want to hear this, but his temperature went up and Denise doesn't think he's gonna make it through the night." Maggie replied.

I turned my head to look at her, the news completely different than what it was two hours ago when Denise said he was doing better.

Tears sprung to my eyes and I tried so hard to keep them in.

"Come here." Maggie mumbled, wrapping her arms around me as I started crying.

-

"99.7! His body is fighting it off, so that's why his temperature was getting high." Denise declared.

"Is he going to be okay or not?" I asked.

"I think he's going to be okay. I'll get him started on some more antibiotics." She replied.

"I need you and Daryl to take over while I'm down." Rick told me.

"Okay." I replied.

"I already told him." He stated.

I nodded, watching Denise take his blood pressure.

-

"Lookin' good, Grimes!" Denise exclaimed, looking at the bite wound on Rick's shoulder.

"Do you think you found the cure for all of this?" Carl asked her.

"No. Just for the ones that are bit, and it's not even perfected. I have to figure out how to make the healing process faster." She explained.

___________________

SORRY IT IS SO SHORT I HAVENT HAD MOTIVATION

BUT GUYS I LOST FOUR POUNDS IN TWO DAYS IM SO HAPPY

#TipsWithNessa

EAT BREAKFAST BC I DIDNT AND I ALMOST THREW UP NOTHING BC I WAS SO HUNGRY, I JUST HATE BREAKFAST IDK WHY