19

🐾Sky🐾

*TAP*TAP*TAP

I paused my movie and looked at my window in interest.

My phone beeped

Kaden: Open ur window and step back

I quickly got up and opened my window. A second later, Kaden was in my room.

I gasped "HOW DID YOU GET UP THERE?"

"I climbed that broken ladder thing attached to your house" he said and then shrugged

"KADEN THAT'S DANGEROUS!" I screeched and he put a hand over my mouth.

"Shh" he said "Do you want to wake up your parents? Or worse, your brother"

I mumbled around his hand

When I was quiet, he took his hand a way from my mouth and smiled at me.

"Hi"

I suddenly felt shy to be around my best-friend. My cheeks turned pink "Hi"

His grin widened before he put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me. It was like I opened up a floodgate and Kaden couldn't kiss me enough.

When we broke apart, I was breathless.

"I think we need to talk" I breathed. He kissed me again before nodding and leading me to my bed. I snuggled up to his side.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I want to know what all of this means? Are we still best-friends? Are we something more now? Why me?" I asked in a rush. He chuckled.

"Sky, we'll always be best-friends. No matter what happens, I'll always be there for you. It's up to you if we want to be something more. Would I like to be something more after all these years of loving you? YES. Will I be okay with just being your friend if you decided you want to be friends? than also YES. Will it suck? Absolutely but, I rather be in your life as a friend than nothing at all. And for the last question, why wouldn't I pick you? You're smart, beautiful, sassy, and caring. Any guy with a brain would be an idiot to not choose someone as wonderful as you for their girlfriend"

At that point, tears were gathering in my eyes.

"You would let me choose? Even after all these years of loving me? You would put my needs and feelings before yours? Why?"

He smiled a gentle smile and kissed my forehead "I would put your feelings instead of my own because I Love You. That's what people do for the ones that they Love"

The tears were set free and I flung my arms around Kaden's neck, sobbing into his powerful chest. Besides this being the most romantic moment of my life, this was probably the most words Kaden has said in his entire life.

"I Love You Kaden Matthews. I Love everything about you. They way you protect me even when I don't need protecting or when your get crazy when someone even glances my way. I Love the way you look at me with those amazing Emerald eyes of yours or the way you whine like baby when you don't get your way. I Love the way your care for your siblings and even the way you care for Eva. I Love how we were best-friends and now something more"

He pulled back and looked into my eyes. I saw shock, relief, and love mixed together in his eyes.

He gave me a sweet and simple kiss that expressed more to me than words.

After a couple of seconds, I started giggling.

Kaden gave me a funny look "Why are you giggling?"

"Because" I said, still snickering "My parents want to discuss "Rules" with me tomorrow"

"Rules?" Kaden frowned "What Rules?"

"The Rules that involve us as a couple" I said and he beamed.

"So, we're officially a couple now?" He asked with an eager undertone.

I kissed him "What do you think?"

"I take that as a yes" he laughed before kissing me again.

🐾🐾🐾🐾

Who would you choose?

Chris: The Hot New Guy

OR

Kaden: The Hot Best-Friend?