Chapter 26

Its just a bit of what's happening in Missie's head. Not all of it, mind you, but some. I made the science stuff up. So don't call me out.
He was going to get into so much trouble.
"Don't be a dimwit! Come back here." She was secure in her bed and had no intention of getting out. He smirked at her from the door.
"I'm not playing, Thomas, you're going to get caught!"
He shrugged, "I'll be back before you know it." With that, he left.
"Thomas!" She hissed, "Thomas...oh, for goodness sake." She was in the top bunk, and was a bit tiny, so it took her a while to get down. She burst into the hallway to find Thomas there, waiting.
"You idiot!"
He laughed and pulled at a strand of her dark hair.
"Bet you can't catch me!" He said before leaping off down the hallway.
*******
She was in a big room, holding her arrow, someone was securing targets at the opposite wall. She shot at them and hit bullseye each time. Clapping. The woman watching her was clapping, she had dull brown hair, cut short and she had a white lab coat on over a black suit.
"Excellent. Artemis."
"Chancellor, I've been doing this all day, can I have a break, please?"
"Artemis, you know at this stage that rest is not an option."
She sighed, nodding.
The woman came and placed a hand on her shoulder.
"It's for you. For the others. You know this. I don't mean to over work you Artemis, but we cannot afford any hindrance. Wicked is good."