Chapter 17

I woke up in my bed in the cabin. I rubbed my eyes, feeling an ice pack on one of them. I slowly removed it and the events from earlier rushed back. I sighed, looking down to see Michael holding my hand and his head resting on my stomach. He had pulled a chair up beside my bed and fell asleep on me. I smiled, but I'm still mad at him. He flinched in his sleep then opened his eyes, frowning at the sight of me.

"Please, let me explain why we were fighting" he said.

"Alright..." I mumbled.

"Basically, we came back to shore and you fell asleep. I sat beside you on my phone for a few minutes..."

-Flashback; Michael's P.O.V.-

I scrolled through my iPhone, listening to the tiny snores beside me. I chuckled at the knocked out-Ashley. I leaned down, kissing her on the forehead. My phone got boring, so I decided on getting some ice cream. I stood up and made my towards the ice cream shop, until Calum forcefully shoved me.

"What the hell?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Stay away from Ashley" he mumbled.

"You cheated on her, Calum. You don't tell me who I stay away from and who I don't" I growled back.

"The cheating is none of your damn business."

"You lost her. Give it up, Calum." At this, he shoved me again. I gritted my teeth and shoved him back. He tried to punch me but I dodged it, punching him forcefully in the stomach. A crowd formed around us as he held onto his stomach. He punched me back, in my jaw. This went on for a while until I saw Ashley. I swallowed hard and she grabbed onto my arm, but I brushed her off. Calum went to punch me but he missed, punching Ashley. I felt my chest rise and fall rapidly.

"Oh my g-god...Ashley, I.." Calum trailed off. Before I knew it, I had punched him hard in the jaw and he passed out. Ashley did as well. The crowd slowly backed away as I kneeled down towards Ashley, my anger towards Calum slowly rising. He gave her a black eye. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the cabin, setting her on the bed and putting an ice pack on her eye. I frowned at her state and clenched my fists, taking uneven breaths. I just wanna beat the hell out of Calum for this. I sighed, getting up and looking into the mirror at my state. My lip was bleeding, I had a black eye, and my jaw felt really sore. I groaned and pressed a paper towel to my lip until the bleeding stopped. I decided on cleaning myself up when I'm less exhausted. I pulled up a chair and sat beside Ashley on the bed, grabbing her hand. Guilt suddenly washed over me...this is my fault. She tried to stop me from fighting with Calum, but I brushed her off. I frowned to myself and rested my head on her stomach. I smiled because I could feel her pulse. I rested my eyes for a while and soon fell asleep.

-Dnd flashback; Ashley's P.O.V.-

"So that's what happened" he said, scratching the back of his neck. I sat up and hugged him, rubbing his back.

"It's okay, Michael. I'm not mad at you" I said. He took a sigh of relief. I frowned at his current state. "But we need to get you cleaned up."

He nodded and I took his hand, leading him to the bathroom. He sat on the toilet as I pulled out an ice pack and a wet paper towel. I leaned down beside him, our faces inches apart. I took the paper towel and rubbed at the blood stains. I kept noticing he was frequently biting his lip to keep from smiling. "What?" I asked. He shook his head and I shrugged it off, continuing to wipe the blood stains. I then rubbed my thumb across his jawline and I looked into his eyes. He blinked a few times.

"Your eyes are beautiful" he mumbled. I felt my cheeks heat up and smiled a little, looking down. He placed his finger under my chin, tilting my head to look into his eyes. "I mean it" he added, almost whispering. He slowly attached his lips to mine. I put both hands on either side of his face, deepening the kiss. I stood up and climbed onto his lap so I straddled him. He put his hands on the back of my head and I ran my fingers through his hair. We soon stopped before it went too far and I awkwardly got off of him, grabbing his hand and leading him to my bed. He lay down as I put the ice pack on his eye. I climbed into the bed with him, stealing a glance at the time. 10:23pm.

"I'm exhausted" I mumbled, burying my head into his chest.

"I am too" he replied, letting out a sigh. I then realized I hadn't changed out of my bikini, but Michael put a shirt on. I slowly got up and he frowned. "Where are you going?"

"I'm still in my bikini" I replied, searching for clothes. I found Michael's Jack Daniels shirt and grabbed it, along with a pair of sweatpants. I changed in the bathroom and stepped out. He smiled when he saw me wearing his shirt. I climbed back into the bed with him and he turned the light off. He wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

-

When I woke up the next morning, I saw that Michael wasn't beside me. So I sat up and looked around to see he wasn't in the cabin either. I knit my eyebrows and stood up, slipping into a pair of shorts and a tank top. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, pulling it into a bun. I then put on a pair of red vans and looked to see Jessica wasn't here either. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the cabin. It was about 10 in the morning, so I was wide awake. I walked onto the beach, but my heart immediately sank when I saw Michael talking to a girl.