20| Confrontations and Confessions ✔️

***A guy and a girl can just be friends

***
A guy and a girl can just be friends.
But at one point or another,
they will fall for each other.
May be temporarily,
maybe at the wrong time,
maybe too late
or maybe forever.

***

My eyes fluttered open, only to find myself floating in nothingness. The ground below felt soft and fluffy and the air was filled with the fragrance of the first rain. I raised my hand to feel the air and it felt surprisingly cool.

"Where are we now?" I asked Zara when nothing appeared before me.

"We are waiting for the Moon Goddess to appear."

"You mean we are in heaven right now?" I inquired.

"No. We are in between the land of the living and of the dead. It is here that the Moon Goddess meets her Chosen wolves."

I nodded quietly feeling increasingly curious by the second about everything around me.

Suddenly, the air around us began to shimmer and glow. I watched in amazement as a flash of bright light appeared and a woman in dazzling white stepped out of it.

For a moment, I was too stunned to even react.

"Quit staring and bow!" Zara hissed.

I did a hurried bow at which the woman gave me a kind smile. "Kiara, my child." She said motioning me towards a silver chair that had appeared out of the thin air. I walked towards it and seated myself feeling anxious about what she was about to say.

What if she says I don't deserve any powers? What if she is unhappy about some mischief I did? Perhaps she is angry because I destroyed Nick's boxers... Or maybe because I fed Bella and Ash toothpasty Oreos. Who knows?

"Give it a rest, Ki!" Zara snapped. "She couldn't care less about a gangly teenagers underwear."

"Do you know what she is about to tell us?" I asked her.

"No. Of course not!"

"Well then, it's always better to be prepared for the worst." I told her. She rolled her eyes and was about to argue back when the Moon Goddess stopped us.

"You need not worry about your powers, child for you have one of the rarest powers in the world." She reassured me, a small smile playing at the edges of her lips.