21| Mourn ✔️

***
You never know what you have
until you lose it.
And once you lost it,
you can never get it.

***

A D E N

One month and twenty seven days had passed since I had last seen her. To say my wolf was going crazy without her, would be an understatement.

Not a second passed when I did not think about her and regret my actions. All I wanted her was to be safe and sound knowing that I loved her to infinity.

I sighed as I rose from my chair. The pressures of being an Alpha was already weighing me down and it was a daily struggle to keep up with the ever growing stack of reports about Rogue sightings, attacks, and news from the Guardians.

"You should take a break now, Aden." Stella said, looking up from her work. I gave her a slight nod and a small smile as I left my office for a refreshing run.

Ever since Kiara left, the pack has no Luna and Stella, my sister willingly volunteered to help me run the pack.

Needless to say, Dad had been totally against it. A huge fight had ensued the disagreement, and we weren't in talking terms ever since.

"Let us in, son! Tell us what's wrong!" My mother cried hysterically as I locked myself in my room and refused to talk to anyone.

She left me....She left me.....She left me, thinking I was an asshole who didn't give a damn about her.

Well, she was right. I had been an asshole; but an asshole who thought the world of her. I had my reasons, but I couldn't share my reasons with her. Had I let her in on the truth, it would have hurt her more.

"Open up, Aden! We need to talk!" my Dad called out to me anxiously. I refused to budge.

No one knew what the real reason was. No one except for Stella, and she had been wise enough not to tell anyone else.

I knew the pack members were whispering behind my back. I knew they were calling me crazy and weird, but right now I didn't give a damn.

She left me.... She left me.... She left me, and that was all that mattered.

"This is it, Aden! If you don't open this instant, I'll break open the door!" My father warned me when he finally ran out of patience.

I sat there still unmoving.

The world could stop rotating for all I cared.

"ONE..."

I didn't move.

She left me...

"TWO..."

No response.

She left me....

"THREE.."

She lef-

There was a loud bang as the door flew off its hinges, and my Dad and the rest of the pack peered down at my disheveled form on the ground.

"Oh my goodness!" Mother shrieked running up to me as she embraced me tightly.

I hesitated at first but finally gave into her warm comforting scent as I buried my face into her shoulder.

"We thought... we thought you were," she began as tears flowed down her cheeks in relief, "dead."