Hello, Charlotte

Chapter 50

Charlotte's POV

"When you feel someone else's pain and joy as powerfully as if it were your own, then you know you really loved them." ― Ann Brashares

( A Year And Half Later)

       "Rosie, we need to do this

       "Rosie, we need to do this. There is no other way around it. He's almost here, so we need to help him out, okay?" I tried to strengthen my voice, my tears betraying me in the process, hitting Rose's burning skin as I kissed her forehead.

       "I can't do this, Char, I can't." She cried, writhing in pain on the hospital bed. My tears fell harder with each one of her cries. She was in pain and there was nothing I could do to make it go away.

          We had been at this whole giving birth for hours. From the minute she started feeling the first contractions and had asked William to call me in the middle of the night, to presently; trying to get her to push a little more to help the baby come out.

           "You can do this, of course you can. You're the strongest person I know on this planet. You're a badass, babe. The definition of superwoman. Of course you can do this." I encouraged her, cleaning the tears and sweat off her face while she laid her head on my arm with her eyes closed.

          I looked at William standing on the other side of her and motioned to him to say something. We knew she was exausted but the only time she could rest was if she finished pushing. She had to do this.

          "Babe, come on, don't you want to meet our son?" He smiled. Her eyes shot open as she turned her head towards him, with a stare so deadly that you could see his Adam apple bob as he swallowed.

          "Shut up, you did this to me. I never want to have your babies again." She yelled hysterically. I couldn't help but laugh. Poor William.

          "Okay, Rose, let's try this again. This time, I want you to push with everything you got." The doctor said, addressing Rose in a soothing voice.