1-War

We ran across the harsh sandy terrain of east Africa our rifles lowered pointing at the ground. The killer was behind us, we could still hear his taunts and threats. The sun beating down on us drenching us in sweat. We soon came to a forest which provided us with cover, we all had our backs up against trees which hid our forms, I looked around and noticed I only had ten men left, where as the opposing force had more. We were only mercenaries bought in to help fight for east Africa.

"You can't hide from me!" He exclaimed. This man had killed twenty one men already and me being the captain he wanted to make twenty two. Some of my men rushed out but were shot down by his men. I looked at the man chasing me he was tall, lean, he had dark hair, dark eyes, a rifle thrown over his shoulder, a white blood stained shirt which revealed his chest and a cigarette hung from his mouth which he took it out and exhaled the smoke.

I was being hunted like an animal, and he was the hound! I took a deep breath in and proceeded to run my men followed suit but once again they were shot down. It was just me, him and his men. "There he is!" He called as he saw my back to him, he began to fire at me missing me but soon shot me in the leg, I cried out and dropped which gave him time to catch up. He was behind me but I leapt up and punched him in the face, it disorientated him and sent him stumbling back, I then proceeded to run but limping and I knew I was leaving a trail of blood.

I needed to lose him, I could hear him shouting as he came chasing me, he was enjoying this but I was terrified. I was beginning to drag my leg as it was painful but I still stayed a good few metres in front of him, even if I had to stop and rip the sleeve off my shirt to wrap around my wound. I was beginning to weaken and I was getting tired, the fight for consciousness had begun, but he was hot on my tail and wasn't going to give up till I was dead and became nothing more than the number twenty two, he didn't know my name he only knew me as a captain but I knew his and his reputation.

Philip Lombard was a cold, psychotic killer with no remorse or mercy, he enjoyed it. I looked back and noticed he found my trail of blood and rested his fingers in it and wiped it on his shirt. I then looked up to the sky and realised the sun was beginning to set. "I will find you" he taunted me, his voice echoing around the trees. I soon came out into the open and I climbed a ledge painfully hoping he wouldn't see me, but I was above him, the terrain was rocky and I ended up slipping and I sent a few rocks and stones his way. He then looked up as he heard them tumble to the floor.  "There's the prey!" He exclaimed beginning to climb.

There was a lake on the other side and I jumped into it, I found some reeds to pull myself down with since it was only shallow but enough to hide me, a few seconds later I see Philip standing on the edge, looking around for me but he just ran through it with his men. I was free and fooled him, when I thought it was safe I swam up to the surface and hid behind a rock as I saw his back to me as he was running away from me.

Please vote and comment