Chapter 11: The Reunion

Chapter 11

The Reunion

I took a deep breath and stepped in the portal, the swirling sea-green enveloping me. While Eva turned to a dog size dragon and began bouncing around. It's fun how the portals could turn into a bouncy house. It's awesome.

~

I landed not far from Cerebus, the cloak that Erebus and Nyx have given me is already wrapped around me. Eva is in my shoulder, and somehow Fyna is gone; which I'm fine with it. I don't like someone following me everywhere.

I trudged towards him, upon seeing me Cerebus whimpered and bowed low. I chuckled and pat his head, snapping my fingers and a red rubber ball appeared.

The three- headed dog tail began swishing while I give it to him. "See you later, Cerebus." I said and heading inside Hades' palace.

"Are you sure about this?" Eva asked in my head, worriedly. "This place gives me the creeps! Why are these soldiers bowing to you? Do they know you're the prince?"

I chuckled mentally, reassuring her through our connection. "It's fine. I've been here couple times. Hades is my uncle when I thought I was a demigod. I'm guessing they're bowing because the cloak is from Erebus and Nyx, the primordial and they're more powerful than Hades. I have their blessing so technically if I wasn't Chaos son, I'm as powerful as Hades."

"How'd you get the cloak?"

I froze for a millisecond, this is Nevalth. I could tell her anything. "About that......" I trailed off, "Well, let's just say that things escalated between Nyx and I, and she had invited me for tea with her husband after and they gave a me a cloak. We're friends."

The image of Eva burning brighter appeared in my mind as she saw the images flash by, making me laugh. I could feel her embarrassment flowing through our bond.

Soon enough, I reached the door to Hades throne. The guards crossed their swords together, in return Eva went to my head and growled at them.

"I'm here to speak to Hades." I said in my most commanding voice. "Do not dare defy me, I outrank you and your precious Lord." I growled, letting out a powerful aura. Hesitantly, they followed and opened the door for me. I continued walking as if they didn't stop me in the first place. 

Activate Serious Percy mode, on.

"Who dares enter my throne?!" Hades voice boomed. He was sitting on his throne made of skulls and his cloak swirling with souls as ever.

"Is his clothes made of souls?" I nodded, Eva shivered "That's just weird."

"Tell me about it."

I went down on one knee, "Lord Hades," I greeted.

"Rise." Hades greeted, "Who are you?" He said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"That does not matter. I am here for something else." I answered.

"Surely, it matters. You have the cloak of darkness, the gift that the Fates have given to Lord Erebus and Lady Nyx." He stated, "No one has that, except you."

I smirked, "Erebus and Nyx are my friends." I replied, loving how he looks at me. Surprise and wariness coated around him like a double coat. 

Suddenly, I felt someone beside me. Judging by the look of surprise in Hades, I figured it must be Fyna. I turned around and sure enough, it is her. She smiled at be bowing her head while curtesing, with a tray in her hand. "Fyna!" I reprimanded.