Chapter 34 - [Familiarity and the Pharaoh]

Hey all!

I hope you were all excited to get this new update! And I hope you enjoy it! =D

If you are enjoying the story than please vote for all the chapters you like! And don't forget to comment and let me know what you think, I love reading what you all have to say!

I apologize for the upsetting chapter from last week ='(! But hopefully this one is a bit better!

Thanks for reading as always and enjoy!

-Luckycharms <3 

-----------

-----------

All I saw was blackness. Blackness and pain and this ache in my heart that I could not understand. I felt a hatred and an anger for a reason that I could not remember, and when I opened my eyes, for a moment, all I knew was confusion.

I didn't understand this confusion.

What had happened?

Had I fallen asleep?

There was a comforting, familiar warmth on my skin and the smell of the air was delightful.

But this was odd.

It was odd that I noticed this feeling of the heat and the smell of the air. That was unlike me.

What was going on?

"My Pharaoh?"

My head snapped towards one of my court members, the one who spoke. He was a middle-aged man who I called Lord Ahmose. He was my vizier and my most trusted advisor. When he met my eyes, he blinked, looked down and bowed. "As you wish."

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a set of guards holding down a frail looking man who was clearly a peasant. "I'm innocent!" he shouted. "Please! My Pharaoh, please!"

Something tugged at my heart as I blinked. "What..."

I stared blankly at everything, looking around as the shouts of the man echoed through the room.

I was in my throne room.

There were maybe fifty noblemen and women watching the man be dragged off. All of them wore white robes and makeup and jewelry. At first glance, they all kind of looked identical to each other.

My five royal court members who stood at both sides of my throne, two on my left side and three on my right, were silently exchanging glances, looking upset.

And then, in my confusion, I shouted. "Wait!"

The guards halted almost immediately. Everyone looked at me.